Autolite Spark Plugs

GoldenMotor.com

aaronbentzel

May 2, 2012
York
Hi I went to autozone and told the guy I wanted the NGK B5HS and he said they did not have any but he said the conversion over was the autolite 4123. They were only 2.25 each so I got two. Will these work? they are about a quarter inch longer than the stock spark plugs. Im not going to put a hole in my piston am I?

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Hi I went to autozone and told the guy I wanted the NGK B5HS and he said they did not have any but he said the conversion over was the autolite 4123. They were only 2.25 each so I got two. Will these work? they are about a quarter inch longer than the stock spark plugs. Im not going to put a hole in my piston am I?
Personally, I use Autolite in Fords, AC in GMC's/Mopar and NGK in 2 cycles. I'm sure the Autolite will work, but they can get the B5HS or BP5HS from another store or warehouse. I know Advance or O'rileys carry them or can get them. I don't know what the reach on a 4123 plug is. If you want to use the Autolite, install it and turn the engine over my hand, and see if the plug gap closes.

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Autolite makes a shorty version if you have spark plug clearance issues. Try #2976. I've had good luck with them. Used one on a 24" build where the plug and top tube clearance was too small for a standard length plug.

Tom