Started putting my newest build together today....

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
It's the way of the world now, Tom. It's how wars begin. One little statement (as seen to be truth by the first person) gets so twisted/spun/stirred that the original statement is no longer relevant to the direction the conundrum is headed.

For the record --- I'm comfortable to wear pink shirts. I'm also OK that others aren't comfortable wearing pink. Que sara, sara.

BTW, I knew that the tires were red from a few other posts that Shan made. (Yellow and pink would've been quite a strange combo ---even for me!!)
Lol..... please dont take offense to anything I said my friend, I jus rattle on a little about my personal thinking on thjngs like this, my wife even gets on to me some times and says my opinions on some things just create drama, she's probably right but at the same time Im really not meaning to be judgmental at all just coming at something from my own angle but by no means thinking its the gospel.....

I honestly think pink is a nice color so I just dont want to offend anyone, I know I have already said to much on the subject so please disregard anything that may seem offensive, and take into account that since I work nights sometime my mind is tired and I easily get on a roll with something in a way that I may not have done when Im good and awake....

Maybe I need to look at pi k as being simply a nice shade of red that just has a little extra white added to it to lighten it up a bit.....lol!

Ok enough of the pink stuff, all this yapping by me on the subject is gonna make Tom get a shotgun, strip down run around the house three times and then come back in and unload the shotgun point blank range on his monitor..... and at this points in the thread I wouldn't blame him a bit........ chkl chkl.....

Map:-||

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Thanks, yeah I really like the way the bars feel on this bike, they feel good for being medium height, and there is plenty of room on them for the brake and clutch lever with room to spare for mirror or what ever else I may want to mount on bars, I think Im gonna really like these clubman bars.

The color being yellow on this bike is something I have thought about for a while, a couple different reasons for liking the yellow, but one is that it was a fairly common colr for some models of Yamaha dirt bikes and I even had a Suzuki RM that was y llow and black, had an uncle that owned a Yamaha dealership and so I grew up being around the yellow and black bikes he and my cousin always had, always liked the yellow and black together so I had thought for a while to do up a bike in yellow and black and then just for kicks put some colorful tires on it, so I have and I think it will turn out to be a good bike when Im done, nothing really high dollar and not real fancy but I think it will look ok and hopefully be a pleasure to cruise around on.

Map
.wee.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Hey map are you going to run a china girl in this bike?
Yes, it will be a different set up than I've used on any of my other bikes, I plan to do a reversed jug on the engine which will place the carb up front and have the exhaust exiting to the rear, haven't decided on every single thing ill do to it yet but yes this one will be a china girl powered bike.

Map

massdrive

Oct 3, 2013
Las Vegas
I've seen that set up it's cool. I'd like to send you a free set of my new BikeBobber Smart Engine Clamps. All I ask in return is to do what you like to do... product evaluation. The clamps go into production next week. Pm me.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
How are you matching the case to cylinder with the reversed top end?
No way to actually match it perfectly from what I have seen with my looking it over so far, but it can be done plenty good enough that it will not have any flow restricted between case and transfer ports, I'm not looking for performance gian by reversing the jug, I'm looking for an easier way to set up the exhaust I plan to use on the bike, I hate the limitations that we have by the exhaust exiting up front on these engines, I don't want to have to a long pipe or flew pipe for the chamber I plan to use, I have found that one of the reasons some of the smaller pocket bike expansion pipes don't seem to work that well is because most of the time people use to long of a lead off pipe from the engine to the chamber, seems that when the lead off pipe gets over about 10-12" long the pipes just don't work well at all in my experience.

By having the jug reversed I can keep my lead off pipe to the larger longer chamber I plan to use at a good length which will probably be about 9-10" or 11 inches long, I have a really nice Moped chamber that I think will work good on one of these engines but there isn't a good way to set it up with the jug in the stock position.

this will be my first engine to set up this way, but I think I can make it work out the way I need it too.

I'll likely need to build a custom intake and since I do a lot of dirt road riding, I plan to build a custom carb filter set up to get the fresh air intake up higher so the front tire wont be loading up the air filter with a pile of dirt, there will be multiple changes needed for that set up to work out good for me but I'll get it done and try to make it look as good as possible in the process if I can.

The gasket will need to be modified and the case and jug also, this case I have is different than any of the other I have seen in a long time, it has huge transfers compared to what the case we see now have and the jug that came with this case is on my Kulana bike and has big ports in every area, I'm curious to see what this engine is gonna do when I get it built, I'm not looking for high speed from this engine, but really good low - mid to cruise RPMs will be what I'm shooting for, low to mid 40's MPH and a good pull up to that point would be nice.

Map

Attachments

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Shan, what's with that huge front mount saddle? Is it the angle of the camera or is that semi-circular area at least twice the diameter of any China Girl mount I've seen.

Tom

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Shan, what's with that huge front mount saddle? Is it the angle of the camera or is that semi-circular area at least twice the diameter of any China Girl mount I've seen.

Tom
No Tom its not an odd angle, the front saddle in that case is much larger than a standard case, it will saddle over the frames with the large front down tube perfectly, I have two more engine with that same size front saddle area, it makes mounting those engines real easy on cruiser frames with big tubes up front like the Huffy and Schwinn frames we see now days along with most of the other bike tube frames I've seen.

This is an engines I bought from LEB about three years ago even back then this engin had the same crankshaft as what is in th GenIV dax engines now, I'd love to get my hands on several more of them and if I had known then what I know now I would have bought several of them, I think I paid about $60 for the entire engine, came with best looking jug I have seen as of yet and this case has huge ports and came with the better quality bearings that are smooth as silk.

Map

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I took a few better pix of the Schwinn build and just wanted to share them, the other pix made people think I had Pink tires on the bike and in these they look Red like they are, Got my Yellow and Black flame grips in yesterday and had to see how they would look, also got the levers I had ordered and wanted to see how they would look on the clubman bars.

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Shan knows we're just having some fun at his expense. But it does make me think of the old Procol Harum song, 'A whiter shade of pale' or in this case, a 'pinker shade of red'. Maybe take a hint from Burt Monroe and try some black Kiwi show polish on those tires.

And I agree with Roo. The black and yellow looks great.

Tom

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Shan knows we're just having some fun at his expense. But it does make me think of the old Procol Harum song, 'A whiter shade of pale' or in this case, a 'pinker shade of red'. Maybe take a hint from Burt Monroe and try some black Kiwi show polish on those tires.

And I agree with Roo. The black and yellow looks great.

Tom
Oh yeah its all in fun and I had no doubt when I posted the newer pics that I'd get some more pinky feed back......

In reality tire have zero pink look to them in real life, but for some reason both of my camera's cause the pics to show the tires with a pinkish tint to them, I thought about calling this the clown bike, because the red tires on a yellow bike that also has the black trim so to speak is a little clownish looking, I wanted this bike to get attention whether good or bad, thats why I went for the funky tires, at least for now, in time it may get some Black tires with Yellow side walls which will go with it much better but for now its gonna have the red boots on just for the attention it will get, it will be an either I love it like that or I hate the red tires.... either way I dont care, just gonna have fun riding it when I can get my engine built and set up.

But yeah, the ribbing about the tires looking pink in the pix dont borher me a bit, I wouldn't personally put pink on anything myself but hey to each their own or whatever...lol..!

Its all in good fun in the family here.

Map

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Just wanted to give an update to this old build thread.

This bike has been on the back burner for a while now since I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it completely, I'm still figuring that out as I go, but i finally got the engine built Ive had tore down sitting in a box since 2010, put a dax 40mm stroke crank in it that I checked for trueness, new Japanese main bearings, new crank seals, all new socket head/allen case bolts, a fair amount of port work on the jug that I have shown a bit of in other posts lately, shaved 0.20" off the deck today, mounted the Jake's Diamond Head, I love the way these combustion chamber is on these heads, completely unique and unlike any of the other heads out there, Yeah its big and tall, but I like it, using a E3 3.22 spark plug in this head, it takes a very very long reach plug.

Nothing extra done to the bike yet, I will likely put wider cranks on it since I'm wanting to use one of my pull starters on this bike, I can mount the engine high enough to clear pedals but when I did that, I just didn't like the way it looked and it was gonna require that I make a really long front mount and I didn't like that idea on this bike either.

Last edited:

frank66

Jan 15, 2015
canada
yea black and yellow. the 1992 suzukis had the beautifull tribal graffics. wow. --- i have a 1992 lt250r infront of me that im working on.

the suzukis 2 stokes run sooo good since 1980. the new rm65 aswell. the upper midrange sings! i love it.

the rm65 pipe would be better than a ktm65 pipe for me. :)