motorized bicycle riders dream

GoldenMotor.com

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
here is a birds eye view of our beautiful island. perfect place for a motorized bicycle, its summer 12 months a year

Attachments

Geezer

May 2, 2011
Illinois
That's just not fair Paul... Here in Illinois it has turned grey and we probably wont see much of the sun for 4 or 5 months and even if we do, it will be cold. The older i get the more i think of moving somewhere similar.

...summer all year sure has a nice ring to it.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
I am from Michigan and I know what you mean geezer. moved here over 5 years ago. everyone asks if I miss the seasons and my answer is &^^%% no lol. spring it rains, fall means winter and winter welllll that's winter lol, summer is the only season I need

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
Back in my days as a small holder farmer when my children were small I lived on an island in the Hauraki Gulf here in New Zealand. Waiheke is around 20 miles long from end to end and in so many way the whole pace of life was just so much different to living on the mainland. I still miss it, but everything changed when the ferry service upgraded their elderly vessels to ultra modern catamarans. With the old vessels you had to be a truly intrepid soul to travel to the island, but once the new vessels entered service it became an absolute milk run even in the worst weather. The island started to turn into a playground for wealthy folk then and earthmother smallholder folk like me became a threatened species. I can still remember property speculators waving fat cheque books under the noses of some of my friends when the new ferry service was announced. (big sigh)