Micargi Falcon GT

GoldenMotor.com

GoGetHer

Apr 8, 2010
Lake Wedowee AL
Has anyone made a motorized bike from this model? I think it would look so cool, esp. if you could find a circular chrome gas tank to mount above fender behind seat. That way no tank would be on top, since that thick center pole looks so cool the way it is.

Attachments

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
It appears that you may need to modify your intake for a 2 stroke China motor to fit that frame. It's OK. Plenty of examples on this forum. You can saw your intake manifold in half and reconnect them with some automotive heater hose. The heater hose allows the intake manifold to flex.

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
It appears that you may need to modify your intake for a 2 stroke China motor to fit that frame. It's OK. Plenty of examples on this forum. You can saw your intake manifold in half and reconnect them with some automotive heater hose. The heater hose allows the intake manifold to flex.
I ended up doing the exact same thing on my first build....it worked like a charm....gives it the side draft Weber look....just keep the clamps TIGHT !...they tend to loosen and affect the idle quality.

Hope this helps,
Salty.shft.

ballermj23

Dec 3, 2009
San Fernando Valley, California
well if you mount the motor with a custom bracket you will need to angle the intake.

right now im running my micargi falcon GT with no filter cause it hit the frame.

about the gas tank , you can buy a nice polished circular tank on ebay for $100 +

list of what i needed to take care

- intake may hit the frame (depending on mounting style)
- 415 chain WILL hit the rear fender
- gas tank mounting will need to be custom
- need to add front brakes ( disk brakes going on mine )

i love the bike, if its a nice project and you will get plenty of completes on the bike its self. .wee.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I agree with the brake mod. Get a front brake of some kind. A front drum brake wheel would look cool. Doesn't look like you can attach a caliper or V brake to that fork.

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
Has anyone made a motorized bike from this model? I think it would look so cool, esp. if you could find a circular chrome gas tank to mount above fender behind seat. That way no tank would be on top, since that thick center pole looks so cool the way it is.
There's a company that makes billet tanks....I've enclosed a snap of the perfect size ( 6 inches X 10 inches and holds one gallon ) as well as the web site....COYOTE-GEAR, Your #1 Source for Spun Tanks!

Laters,
Salty.shft.

Attachments

Last edited:

JTinFL

Feb 4, 2010
Port Charlotte,Florida
As for carb fitting in tight space you could get an offset manifold such as used with a CNS carb.I think GasBike still sells them.Or one of Creative Engineering's short billet intakes,but would have to saw off 1/4 in. of clutch cable retaining bolt.

virtuoso

Dec 21, 2014
dayton,oh
Yes... I just finished my build afew days ago... Mine is a falcon gts, Flying horse 66cc just one tank into break in... I will post pics soon and a you tube video... Chain cleared the tire, i had to bend the coaster arm and rig some motor mounts and mount the tank close to my seat... But this bike is solid... Any questions just ask...