New Bike

GoldenMotor.com

Moto

Jan 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA.
Just got this built a few days ago - not very pretty right now but with some cable management it should be getter. Faster and more comfortable than the cruiser it replaced. Ported 66cc china, high rpm pipe, 15mm dellorto carb but I have a 21mm on the way - 39t sprocket - i havent gone faster than 40mph but its got more to give. I need to build a new pipe because it has very little low end at the moment.

-ETHAN xct2

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Hmmm.....I've got front suspension and disc brake envy! Looks great! My next build is gonna be something on that order.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
It's hard to fit a fat pipe in the upward position. I found I needed too long a head pipe to really have a tuneable powerband when I mounted my pipe under the seat.
It's harder to fit it along the downtube but you can get the headtube length much closer to optimum if you take the time to fit it properly. There is more room for a fat chamber since your leg isn't in the way.
Pig II is getting a low pipe this time to make it work better, and I have much more room than your bike.

Moto

Jan 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA.
It's hard to fit a fat pipe in the upward position. I found I needed too long a head pipe to really have a tuneable powerband when I mounted my pipe under the seat.
It's harder to fit it along the downtube but you can get the headtube length much closer to optimum if you take the time to fit it properly. There is more room for a fat chamber since your leg isn't in the way.
Pig II is getting a low pipe this time to make it work better, and I have much more room than your bike.
Nah - its not so much a problem of being able to fit a pipe as much as i just made the header a little too short on this one - its got very little top end but is a rocket ship from 6000 rpms and upward - as opposed to a different pipe i made for this bike which had a super long header and was a beast on the low end but wasnt super fast. Next pipe will be a header length somewhere in the middle.

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I found I had problems getting the fat section close enough not to touch my inner leg when the pedal bottomed out. Glad your setup has enough room!

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
I had the expansion chamber burning my leg on my BMX and a simple fix was some punched design aluminum sheet from home depot spaced off the pipe with a fiber gasket and some rivets. Now I can wear shorts with that bike and no pizza leg.

Nice MTB, I bet it really cruises smoothly on the slicks.

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Yeah, I ended up fabbing a heat shield from a old cranbrook chain guard. Tacked on a couple of nuts to the pipe and bolted it on where my leg hit. The nuts space it out enough to work quite well.

Master-shake

Feb 24, 2013
texas
can we get some close ups of the bikes components and a description of the mods you had to do to each modded component?

Moto

Jan 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA.
can we get some close ups of the bikes components and a description of the mods you had to do to each modded component?
anything you want to see in particular? Very little is original to the kit at this point. A side note I was only able to get 37mph today so i will tear her down and see... I suspect a carbon clogged exhaust port. My new carb is in the US (shipping from china) SOOOOOO excited

Here it is:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/new-...ck-21mm-Racing-Carburetor-Carb/692935087.html