Schwinn Electric Scooter

GoldenMotor.com

myke

Mar 23, 2009
Chicago
I picked up a Schwinn Electric Scooter at a garage sale yesterday for $20, It was in nice shape but dose not work, I was able to troubleshoot the system and discovered that the "Currie Powered Intelligent Speed Controller" was burned out. I took it apart and found on one end of the pc board it had a melted voltage regulator and a burnt resister. I have a few of these types of itrems laying around so I attempted to replace them with some similar components, but was unable to repair the device in the end.

I found a place on-line that sells them for $54, but I'm not sure the bike is worth spending that much money on, anyone know of some universal replacement that might be worth looking at?

myke

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Ebay is full of them..... All you need to know is the voltage of your motor and the amps. It is probably brush type and there are tons of them.

I use a curry 350 for a pusher wheel on a bike no controller at all. They will work that way but you need to pulse the motor with on off. If you want a throttle go for the ebay ones.

myke

Mar 23, 2009
Chicago
Ebay is full of them..... All you need to know is the voltage of your motor and the amps. It is probably brush type and there are tons of them.

I use a curry 350 for a pusher wheel on a bike no controller at all. They will work that way but you need to pulse the motor with on off. If you want a throttle go for the ebay ones.
Thanks for the response, could you mention the search phrase that would give the best results?

I tried as many as I could think of, Scooter speed controller, Ezip, and a few others, I found one 36 volt and mine is a 24 volt. I have not found any yet. Thanks again..

myke

myke

Mar 23, 2009
Chicago
Excellent, Thank you very much. Guess I still have a few things to learn when searching ebay.

myke

grouchyolfart

May 31, 2008
Wahiawa, Hawai'i
TNC Scooters has 24volt controllers for under $30. Most around $20. They're all Chinese made so I don't know about the quality, but then most of the controllers used on ebikes and scooters are Chinese made anyway.