99cc jc higgens

GoldenMotor.com

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
well here we go im gathering parts as we speak and getting ready to do this 99cc build im going to mount this engine vertical. i have watched scotto and jeff do this a hundred times so i hope i learned something..i just ordered my mounts should be here early next week then i will start.heres what i have so far!!
thanks glennbo
.flg.

Attachments

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
I worked on the fame today was in pretty rough shape but i did manage to slap a coat of primer on it. I think it looks pretty good flat black..hopefully i will get my mounts wednesday so i can drill out the plate.
glenn
usflg

Attachments

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
thanks tom will be plenty of pics as i go along,and no racie i will not use the tav with this build. i will use a 11 tooth cintrifugal. i recieved my mounts today an will start fabricating the engine plate.. it will serve two purposes to hang motor and the pillow blocks for the jackshaft.. this should save me some cash down the line for some sweet tires.. so here is the hardware ill use to make it happen...
glenn.
.flg.

Attachments

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
been working on the mount!! got the engine in ,but nothing final i want the motor a little lower and waiting on hub to make sure chain alignment will be good also need to trim the mounts.. also need to start working on a front mount..
glenn

Attachments

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
worked on the jc higgens.. wasnt diggin the motor mount, miscalculated the chain line, plus i thought the damn thing was plain old ugly! i reworked the whole mount heres the latest pics..

Attachments

Scott.D.Lang

Jan 1, 2013
Chicago
I like what Im seeing I bet you will still be working on it when I come down witch will be cool would love to give you a hand with it

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
thanks scott. i finally got my hubs ill be using on the bike. motobecane front hub with a speedo huret which is cool so ill have a nice machinical speedo, and a batavus rear hub which looks like a typical lelue, but they are rare 70mm.. should be fine seein this bikes top speed will be around 40.

Attachments

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
I finally got around to working on the JC Higgens laced the wheels mounted the tires and got a roller.Will be working on the exhaust and intake next.heres some pics of the progress

Attachments

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
Made an intake for the new carby put a pz19 on it hopefully its better than the stock carb. I do like the throttle cable set up, with out the springs and all the linkage like you get with the stock one. also put an exhaust on the bike but im not sure it will stay like that well see as the bike develops more. been using a lot of spare parts on this bike kinda seeing were it leads.LOL

Attachments

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
well its been a while since my last post there been some changes on the bike. I didnt like how it was turnin out. the parts i was using were a lot of left overs and it just wasnt working. i swaped some parts off a old two stroke build and the creative juices started flowing again. instead of a vintage build it looks more like a racer now !! whatcha guys think ?

Attachments

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Hey Glen,
The changes you've made make me think of a process I've come to through the years, what I think of as "letting the project tell you what it wants to be". That involves letting go of original plans, leaving yourself open to change, doing a lot of creative staring... and waiting for the bike to reveal what it wants to be instead of forcing on it an original idea. Every so often along the way I like to stop what I'm doing, give it a long look and see what comes. It's another reason the build is never really "done". Keeps it interesting for sure. I like what you're doing.
SB

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
thanks everyone for the comments the forks and rims are from a cb125 they are 18 x 2.75 the back rim has a moped hub relaced into it.. Next ill be working on the cranks and a tank.. silver bear i must of stared this bike down for hours tryin to figure out why it wasnt looking right then bam it hit me! with a nice inframe tank and a big headlight i think it will have some personality

glennbo
.wee.

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
been a while since i worked on the jc been busy but i did get the cranks done, mounted a headlight and turn signals buttoned up the drive chains, and even got a test ride this bike still needs a lot of work but is coming along .. THIS ONES GONNA BE FUN!!!
glenn

Attachments

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
the jc bike is running great rejetted to a 80 was getting some backfire on deceleration also been working on lighting mounted 4ah battery and light coil ran headlight for a 20 mile cruise light still bright still need to mount rest of lights this has kind of been an experiment but so far i like what im seeing put the dreaded peanut tank on the bike and it really dont look to bad.. Ill post pics tommorrow
peace glennbo