Really? Gear remover tool wont fit

GoldenMotor.com

geoldr

Jun 19, 2011
California
Hey guys, so I am trying to prep for my centrifugal clutch install tomorrow. I found my gear puller tool, but as luck would have it, it doesnt actually fit onto the small gear. Its a little bit too small. Ill post a picture in an hour or so. But, theres no way I am doing it wrong right? It just screws right on?

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Hey guys, so I am trying to prep for my centrifugal clutch install tomorrow. I found my gear puller tool, but as luck would have it, it doesnt actually fit onto the small gear. Its a little bit too small. Ill post a picture in an hour or so. But, theres no way I am doing it wrong right? It just screws right on?
Yep, it screws right in.....
I got a box of those pullers. Some of them have messed up threads
but never seen one that was too small.

Where are you in CA?

geoldr

Jun 19, 2011
California
Yup, that's how I am trying to do it...

Here is an image. Not sure if you can tell much. But i figure the side on the left screws into the space in the small gear. But its too small! Ill try again tomorrow after work. Maybe my angle was off, but I swear it didn't fit.

Im in the Bay Area in Pleasanton in CA

Attachments

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Yup, that's how I am trying to do it...

Here is an image. Not sure if you can tell much. But i figure the side on the left screws into the space in the small gear. But its too small! Ill try again tomorrow after work. Maybe my angle was off, but I swear it didn't fit.

Im in the Bay Area in Pleasanton in CA
You are using the wrong end and you have to
remove the screw before you can thread the puller into the gear.

The small end of the puller goes into the gear.

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Just like in the peddle crank removal video he removes the bolt from the peddle crank arm and uses the puller.