Look at my pics...Need Throttle Help

GoldenMotor.com

Dr. Bob

Jul 7, 2011
Chicago
I am having throttle problems. The first is that a piece attaching the cable to the throttle broke. I tried superglue, but it wouldn't stick. Any ideas? Also, the throttle would accelerate but would not decelerate. Ideas?

Attachments

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
This might be a likely candidate for JBWeld !
Rough up all the outside surfaces and glob a bunch over it and let it set up well while you are ordering a replacement throttle from bgf or ???

A couple applications of some AB epoxy might work, too.

Capability to go is frequently as important as the subsequent ability to stop.
Get a new throttle! :)

No deceleration might be a poorly routed cable that is in a bind somewhere, or the return spring inside the carby balled up, somehow...

Good luck
rc

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Sry to hear it didn't work for you...

I suppose I could explain a long, drawn out process I've done from time to time, patching junk back together, but it would be easier just to get a replacement throttle than read through one of my loong speels... :)

Best
rc

shaolin

Apr 1, 2011
los angeles
Ya its probably just best to replace it with a new one. If you ve spent $4 bucks on jb weld and a couple of dollars on crazy glue, youve already spent the time and money to replace it. With alot of vibration that transmits to the handlbars at times, you really need a solid peace. Or u might end up like this guy whos throttle was stuck and thought it was a good idea to stop Flinstone style and ran over his own leg Haaahaaa

Attachments

Last edited: