Woke up to find a flat tire?!

GoldenMotor.com

SoFresh

Nov 1, 2010
US
So the other day I woke up and was going to take a ride..

I was surprised to see that my rear tire was completely flat! there was no problems with it the day before, so I have no idea what could have done this.

I have not had a chance to fully inspect it yet.
The bike is a stock Huffy Cranbrook with a Grubee 66cc Skyhawk, and I have heard that the tubes are pretty cheap from fractory. The front wheel had a little bend in it and I think it is a main cause of the intense vibration at high rpms, so I was thinking about replacing that eventually. After this, I was considering just replacing the two wheels.

What do you guys think the best option would be?

virginian

Dec 19, 2009
McLean VA
The most likely cause is a very slow leak caused by a small piece of glass that penetrated the tire and barely punctured the tube.

Check the tire very carefully when replacing your tube because if you don't find the glass (or whatever), it will puncture your new tube as well.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.

I was surprised to see that my rear tire was completely flat! there was no problems with it the day before, so I have no idea what could have done this.

The bike is a stock Huffy Cranbrook with a Grubee 66cc Skyhawk, and I have heard that the tubes are pretty cheap from fractory. The front wheel had a little bend in it and I think it is a main cause of the intense vibration at high rpms, so I was thinking about replacing that eventually. After this, I was considering just replacing the two wheels.

The best option for the moment would be to pull your rear tire off the rim and find the thorn, glass, tack, nail or screw that caused the flat and remove it. Then patch the tube or install a new one and go for a ride.

An upgraded wheelset is always a nice thing, all it takes is money, and it's usually money well spent!

SoFresh

Nov 1, 2010
US
So I got a new tube for the rear today. Installed it, and it all looks good.

But, I think I may just have to order a set of wheels as well pretty soon. The thought of a possible smoother ride has got me willing to do anything!

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
So I got a new tube for the rear today. Installed it, and it all looks good.

But, I think I may just have to order a set of wheels as well pretty soon. The thought of a possible smoother ride has got me willing to do anything!
Then so be it....it can only improve your ride!

motorhead419

Jul 6, 2009
ohio

Go to Wal-Mart and get the thorn proof tubes. They are thicker and have slime tire sealant in them..Great cheap insurance...duh.