Who makes this Honda GX31 mounting kit?

GoldenMotor.com

vintagebiker

Nov 12, 2011
Southern Calif.
Does anyone know who makes this mounting kit for the Honda GX31?
It looks super sano with red anodized aluminum brackets and wheel pulley.

Attachments

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
who ever made that has a CNC machine and did realy nice work that kit would be realy popular if it was sold only thing i dont like is the way the drive "hoop/pulley" is mounted to the spokes i think they could have come up with something better doing the amount of work they did to the rest of it

Tool Maker

Oct 28, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
That was likely a one-off by a bored machinist. Nice work, and a nice touch using the poly-v belt.

The cost of that "kit" would be rather high.

vintagebiker

Nov 12, 2011
Southern Calif.
who ever made that has a CNC machine and did realy nice work that kit would be realy popular if it was sold only thing i dont like is the way the drive "hoop/pulley" is mounted to the spokes i think they could have come up with something better doing the amount of work they did to the rest of it
Maybe the cost of producing these brackets, etc. was more than people were willing to pay. Nice, but like most things people opt for the cheaper Chinese version.

I think the pulley is a copy of the way Whizzer mounted their wheel pulley back in the 1940's and 50's (and even the repros). I guess it worked on the thousands of those that were made, lots of them are still running around today.
Thicker spokes would be a good upgrade on this bike.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
You won't find that on ebay for $49.95. I strongly agree that it is a one off custom build made by a talented machinist with time on his hands. Beautiful work and I wish he was a member here and would share his builds with us.

Tom