Did a bit of trail riding today

GoldenMotor.com

matt167

May 20, 2009
usa
I just got a sprung cruiser seat for my MB ( converted mountain bike ).. it's been running good enough that I can trust it now.. so I went down an old dirt road I havn't been down in years. it's a dead end and is really run down now so it's more of a trail now.. used to go up farther and there was 2 houses on a Farm in the middle of the woods, but that part got taken off the tax map ( tho the ppl that own it don't care if people ride/ walk it ).. the road is still there, but it's more grown up..... today, I made it 1/2 way thru the town owned ( public road ) part.. I turned around and headded back.. wasn't that it was too rough because it wasn't.. it was to wet, and I havn't sealed my magneto yet... going down, I just had the clutch locked and idled it, using the brakes when needed... but coming back up.. was a rush. I had more fun on that bike doing 16 MPH coming up the hills, than I ever had with my dirt bike.. could feel the rear end get a bit loose, but it handled just fine... someday, once I get my magneto sealed.. I'll take it to the point of where the buildings were, with my camera

donuts31

Nov 9, 2008
Colorado
My mag's not sealed and I ride in wet areas offroad and then pressure wash the mud off the bike afterwards...never a problem.

matt167

May 20, 2009
usa
I know it would probably be ok.. just didn't want to get stuck engineless down in there.. it's all up hill, and I'v only got high gear for pedaling.. would have been a long walk... the bike now has 21 miles logged on the odometer