Rat Rod Bikes

GoldenMotor.com

Cowboy Rider

Apr 20, 2009
Illinois
Here's a Rat Rod for ya, and it IS Motorized! :D

Back in the real Motorcycle days, I actually won a Rat Class Division prize with my '81 Suzuki 400 Thumper. What a piece of crap that was, but it sure was a fun ride back then! The best Bike I had was a '79 Yamaha 750 Triple Cylinder with a Shaft drive that would do 70 MPH in second gear. What a RUSH!!!

But, that was almost 15 years ago by now. I gave up the Motorcycles when my daughter was coming into my life. So my new Rat Bike is sure bringin' back to me some good memories and some good times!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I tried to join that forum and I made the mistake of telling them I'm a MBer....lol, they wouldn't post my thread. Guess I know where I stand with the Rat Rod crowd. Take a look at their photo gallery; 3rd row down, 5th photo in...Wow! Too Cool.
Tom

Rockenstein

Feb 8, 2009
Ontario, Canada
I tried to join that forum and I made the mistake of telling them I'm a MBer....lol, they wouldn't post my thread. Guess I know where I stand with the Rat Rod crowd.
Tom

That's just not very neighborly now is it...lol...I mean rat bikes with motors just seems like the right thing to do.

Last edited:

seca40

Nov 15, 2008
Albuquerque
That's just not very neighborly now is it...lol...I mean rat bikes with motors just seems like the right thing to do.

I've seen a few pics of MB's over there. Seems to me they were very well received. I think for the most part those guys love anything on two wheels. A mistake maybe? Hmm

Cowboy Rider

Apr 20, 2009
Illinois
I looked at a few more Pics in that Gallery tonight, and I agree. Some of those bikes are just waiting to have an engine installed. Wow, I love the 'Old School' style of a ride!

The Style they had back then... just kicks the butt out the typical Mountain Bike style of today (what I have). That's why I love my Handlebar Swap so much!

Combine that old look with my crappy old paint job.... Oh I just love it. Looks like a turd, until the engine starts up and I just take off!!! (^)

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I tried to join that forum and I made the mistake of telling them I'm a MBer....lol, they wouldn't post my thread. Guess I know where I stand with the Rat Rod crowd. Take a look at their photo gallery; 3rd row down, 5th photo in...Wow! Too Cool.
Tom

Maybe a mistake and probably on my part because I posted another entry in their 'Introductory' forum and got some very nice replys from the members. They affirmed that MBs are not frownd upon and welcomed me warmly. I probably just didn't push the right button the first time. Their forum is set up a little different from ours and there's a learning curve involved. Sure some sweet rides to look at over there.
Tom

Youngbird

Vendor
Dec 2, 2008
Longneck, DE
Its cool over there. I like it. And there is a way cool blue trike/stretch cruiser that is just WILD! So....gonna build me a RATROD>>>>>>.rd.

nogoodnic

Jan 29, 2008
Shelby MI
forum1.freakbikenation.com
Hey guys if you got a bad taste from the Rat Rodders the stars must've been way out alighnment. Unless somthing has drasticly changed in recent months, they are a good bunch of guys. I've been a member there since they started that board and those guys love just about anything kustomized. I have given alot of motorized advise there and referred several members over here.

Seca, great Spaceliner! That was a build off bike wasn't it? Keep up the good work...Kellydnut

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Hey guys if you got a bad taste from the Rat Rodders the stars must've been way out alighnment. Unless somthing has drasticly changed in recent months, they are a good bunch of guys. I've been a member there since they started that board and those guys love just about anything kustomized. I have given alot of motorized advise there and referred several members over here.

Seca, great Spaceliner! That was a build off bike wasn't it? Keep up the good work...Kellydnut
I think you misunderstood. They weren't shunning me, I just wasn't loading my posts right. When I got it they responded with good words and welcomes. They do seem to be a good bunch and I've been spending some time over there enjoying what they build. Thanks.
Tom

jezusjonz

Feb 26, 2008
Indiana
I slid over to RRB when I was out looking for info on a bike I was building. Started nosing around and got hooked on all the old bikes. Then I got into one of the build off and built this. My take on a concept of what the high end road bikes of today came from. But in a years time I had so many parts and parts bikes that it just wasnt healthy for me. I got the build bug but didnt want all the clutter so I tried to fill a niche that was missing was headbadges....now I just have to get one made for my Indian copy.
But I think both sites compliment each other.
Terry

Attachments