My new recumbent trike project

GoldenMotor.com

Ron344

Oct 13, 2012
colorado
I thought I would show my new project I have been working for a while it going to have a magic pie 3 motor and a 48 volt battery. I still have a lot of planing to do with the pedal system. I should have it done by summer. I will keep everyone up dated.

Attachments

Ron344

Oct 13, 2012
colorado
I thought I would up date my progress on my trike. I got the steering all done and started working on the pedal system. I got a lot done this week. I will need to buy the motor and battery pretty soon.

Attachments

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Yay 'nother taddy w/suspenders :D

I particularly like the front shock positioning, glad you're sharing with us Ron ;)

Ron344

Oct 13, 2012
colorado
BA I'm glade you like the front shocks I got the idea form building street rods all of my life. I wanted to make something with an independent front end and light weight. Everything is recycled from the local scarp yard bike parts and all the aluminum. When it done it should be a lot lighter than the last one I built.

Ron344

Oct 13, 2012
colorado
Well I have working on the trike all week. I got the seat made and I'm able to propel it with the pedal system. I will have to save some more money to buy the motor and battery. I had a chance to buy a bridgeport and couldn't pass it up.

Attachments

Ron344

Oct 13, 2012
colorado
Annie the headlight is from a model T ford I got for five dollars and thought I would try it on this trike. I just got the trike working and have a few bugs to work out. I'm thinking of putting a fairing behind the seat to the back wheel. with the electric motor it should be pretty cool. I'm glade you like it.