10 tooth on front 54 on back

GoldenMotor.com

yellowbeard

Jul 9, 2011
corinth Ms.
got my engine on my trike, 5hp B&S with a 10 tooth cent. clutch and a 54 tooth on the rear axel. put it up on some jack stands seems to work good. Not sure of the speed though. Will post some pics in a little while. Joe

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Well great!
...there's speed calculators out there someplace... feed in your data and it will tell you what it will do in advance... GPS probably the EZ way, though.
Have fun!
rc

yellowbeard

Jul 9, 2011
corinth Ms.
I still like alittle work to finish it up, Kill switch, throttle cable and brakes. And a whole lot of cleaning to make it shine. If the weather clears, I will get it out for a test run, and see how she runs. Joe

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
doh, just saw your other thread, good you found the calc already. A couple of ideas for rear brakes, Deacon and a couple others used a bar going across, with a caliper for each rear tire:

or there's the band brake route too:

to go with a coaster brake you'd need a coaster hub driving the non-motorized tire I think. Depends on your setup, but a front brake is always good to have too :)

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
That is a very cool and fast looking build! Kudos!
I would suggest a live axle and disc setup in the rear with a disc in front as well.
You're gonna need good brakes...
:O