Kalifornias contradictory Motorized Bike laws in pictures.

GoldenMotor.com

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Your MB isn't a "Vehicle" until the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT says it is. That is why CA excludes it from it's definition of the word "Vehicle". They have no other choice or they would be in violation of The Supremacy Clause (Article VI, Clause 2) of the United States Constitution.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/online/fee_calc/vehdef.htm

States can impose whatever MB laws they feel like doing as long as they don't call a MB a "Vehicle" and tax and collect fees on like it is or that state is in violation of The Supremacy Clause (Article VI, Clause 2) of the United States Constitution.

God Bless America.....everybody sing along now. LOL usflg
There's already a few states classifying these as motor vehicles and getting away with it just fine. That totally trumps your attempts at freethinking logic. It sounds to me like you have a pretty severe case of denial going on. Getting pulled over and your bike confiscated would probably cure that! :D

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
There's already a few states classifying these as motor vehicles and getting away with it just fine. That totally trumps your attempts at freethinking logic. It sounds to me like you have a pretty severe case of denial going on. Getting pulled over and your bike confiscated would probably cure that! :D
So send me a URL link then. I'm sure you have one handy right? LOL

No free thinking needed or am I in denial. Maybe you should have a look see at the Constitution. You might learn something?

The Supremacy Clause (Article VI, Clause 2) of the United States Constitution

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supremacy_Clause

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I anxiously await for just 1 .gov URL that says a MB is classified as a "motor vehicle". Don't all pile on at once. I don't want the server to crash.

I'll be right here. sitting and waiting and waiting some more. LOL

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Do your own research. Off the top of my head, Florida, Michigan, and New York classify them as motor vehicles. You want a link, go dig around DMV yourself.

I have better things to do :D

Oh and I've read the constitution, I'm not opposed to your point or your method of thinking - but I still think you're in denial.

It's easier to complain than do something about it, right?

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I anxiously await for just 1 .gov URL that says a MB is classified as a "motor vehicle". Don't all pile on at once. I don't want the server to crash.

I'll be right here. sitting and waiting and waiting some more. LOL
Wow you are really wound up tight about all this.......that cop
really got you worked up.
Calm down before ya throw a rod. :)

I'm a pragmatist and all of this stuff really doesn't affect anyone
riding a motorized bike on the streets who has a little common sense.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Do your own research. Off the top of my head, Florida, Michigan, and New York classify them as motor vehicles. You want a link, go dig around DMV yourself.

I have better things to do :D

Oh and I've read the constitution, I'm not opposed to your point or your method of thinking - but I still think you're in denial.

It's easier to complain than do something about it, right?

LMAO I already have done my research and finished doing it long ago, and the URL doesn't exist, but thanks for playing though. It's been fun. Who else wants to play? Step on up. Don't be shy. dance1

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Your research is flawed then, son. But please continue to act like a doofus. I'll chuckle at you and shake my head.
If my research is flawed then surely you have a .gov URL to back up what youre saying right? Just give me the name of a state that classifies a MB as a "motor vehicle". There's 50 states, so you got plenty to choose from. All I need is 1. LOL

I'm anxiously waiting.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I see california does use the .gov extension. Well la dee dah!
LOL I'm off the .gov request since I didn't get squat back in reply. All I'm asking for now is the just the NAME of any of the 50 states the says a MB is defined as a "motor vehicle" and subject to everything that entails.

PAracer

Sep 14, 2012
Steelton, PA
Pennsylvania defines a motorized bicycle to be a motor vehicle. I posted the link above.

Pennsylvania has three levels of motorcycle-ish vehicles.

Motorcycle: defined as a motor vehicle with a seat and 3 or less wheels on the ground.
motor-driven cycle: defined as a motorcycle with 5 or less horsepower
motorized pedalcycle: defined as a motor driven cycle with operable pedals, sub 1.5 hp, sub 50cc, etc.

One thing leads to another and motorized pedalcycles are motor vehicles. Yes, that does mean that an MB is also considered a motorcycle, and a motor-driven cycle.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Seriously bro... You're freaking out way too hard over this... you haven't even gotten a actual ticket yet! :/
True I have never even been stopped on my bike. I've been looking at other states DMV's and they have it way worse than California does. Way worse. I was shocked looking at other states and how they deal with MB's. I should feel lucky living in CA.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
yeah. wait till you're standing in court and the judge justs laughs it off and slaps your wrist. you're just a kook like the rest of us riding around on a toy motorcycle.
Yeah you're right. California is a paradise compared to what I've seen on other states DMV's and how the view MB's. It ain't pretty, especially in New York. They will flat out arrest you on the spot if caught on a MB. No ticket there. I'm talking straight up handcuffs, like a common criminal. LOL

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
True I have never even been stopped on my bike. I've been looking at other states DMV's and they have it way worse than California does. Way worse. I was shocked looking at other states and how they deal with MB's. I should feel lucky living in CA.
"Kalifornia" got it good with the laws about motorized bikes and if
we are lucky it will stay this way.

Trying to change the laws will probably result in more restrictions
or worse.

Let sleeping dogs lay and don't rock the boat! :D

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
"Kalifornia" got it good with the laws about motorized bikes and if
we are lucky it will stay this way.

Trying to change the laws will probably result in more restrictions
or worse.

Let sleeping dogs lay and don't rock the boat! :D
I always try to stay as low key as I possibly can on that thing. Now I got my .30 cal ammo can saddle bags mounted I should have no problem at all. LOL My electric battery pack is hidden in one of the cans. I'm going to order my plate today and be done with it.

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
california.. the land of c.a.r.b. and home of more china 2 strokes than china itself. in china its all honda's or clones. junk in china is a boat. honda powered of course.

Last edited: