Engine will not start or run

GoldenMotor.com

Aluminumwelder

Sep 20, 2012
Daphne, al
Please help me if you can Norm..got kit from BGF, purchase new bike. studied many videos on tube, then assembled bike and engine.. Initially after doing so after about 10 minutes of peddling motor started on first day after assembly..it has now been about 10 days and motor has not started since..have good spark, have removed carb, cleaned and blown out all jets. have checked piston, it has good movement up and down.. All gaskets have been checked and are in good condition.Clutch mechanism works fine, however bike is very hard to peddle when clutch is released, guess this means good compression..carb bowl is full of fuel..in attempt to get this thing to fire off, have even sprayed small amount of either into cylinder.. Motor will not fire.. sure would like to ride this thing but it apparently is just junk. I work alongside several very good mechanics, nobody can get this thing to run. please help if you can..
Thanks
P.S. guys at BGF tell me i need a thicker base and head gasket to reduce the amount of compression during the break-in period..In reply to this i have tried to start it with spark plug screwed in loosely so as to achive this,nothing works

littletinman

May 15, 2012
Gaithersburg, MD
When you let the clutch out to engage the engine, do you throttle up? I have found that not twisting the throttle while initially pedaling will make it really hard to start.

Patience is your biggest friend.

Make sure you start on a hill! You need some momentum when getting it to fire up.