!!! Truck pie !!!

GoldenMotor.com

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Tee Hee! Got the truck back from my paint and body guy just now. I looks GREAT ! He sandblasted all the old paint off and repared some stress cracks in the steering head and the bad welds in the seat stay. Says he "bronsed" them. ( scratches head ) He says they wont snap or fail like mig or tig welding, as his process doesnt heat the metal so hot and make it brittle. Ground em down reall pretty. Cant tell by lookin at it it was ever fooked :) He also stated it would hold up to vibration better because it can flex and give a bit without catastrophic failure. I made a jig of sorts and had him heat and spread the seat and chainstays for a nice 135 mm PIE to fit in there! All that and a pro primer coat for $200 OH! And he strightened out one of the basket support arms that had been tweeked. Pics tomarrow. Sun just went down and I dont think I can get a good pic just now. JAZZED dance1

Last edited:

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Too much stuff happening. Forgot to throw in that I took the stock front wheel to a wheelbuilder yesterday to have my new SA 90mm drum brake put in place! I have decided to not hydrodip the wheels in woodgrain as I think it might be just too much. Still going with the rest of the woodie scheme.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
He brazed them.

Which is a good thing because Worksman frames are factory brazed. Not welded.

Sounds good baby!

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
V,
Interesting project. I always like something being different. I think this qualifies! If that were going to be a gas bike it would have room for a heck of an in frame gas tank. That same space could have a sort of 'tank' for holding batteries, switches, horn, tool panel or a safe place to store ten thousand dollars in ones. Lotsa room for lotsa stuff. Nice find...
SB

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
V,
Interesting project. I always like something being different. I think this qualifies! If that were going to be a gas bike it would have room for a heck of an in frame gas tank. That same space could have a sort of 'tank' for holding batteries, switches, horn, tool panel or a safe place to store ten thousand dollars in ones. Lotsa room for lotsa stuff. Nice find...
SB
You aint just a whisteling Dixie :) Lotsa stuff indeed! It has the unfortunate habit of attracting hippy chicks though...

Attachments

Last edited:

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Heres the fender maker I intend to use. Emaild him, seems really nice, said I could send him my Worksman chain guard and he would make to match my fenders and so it will bolt up like a Worksman should. Im going to ask im if he'll make the the wood to match for the "Tank" so I can have all the wood match on the bike. I dont know yet if he can make it that wide though. http://www.woodysfenders.com/store/

Attachments

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
dang you velodrome. wife is away to states and i have an excuse to order fenders lol. they are magnificent looking. i may just have to get a pair :) if you get the fenders i would definitely get the chain guard done to match

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
dang you velodrome. wife is away to states and i have an excuse to order fenders lol. they are magnificent looking. i may just have to get a pair :) if you get the fenders i would definitely get the chain guard done to match
HAHAAHAH!! :) Did you go to the site? This guy can do anything you want. Even bamboo. Cats away Paul! Time to playdance1 PS: Im strongly leaning to something in Lace wood

Attachments

Last edited:

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
been to their site a few times. prices are reasonable and awesome stuff, i also emailed him to get a shipping quote here

vsavoldi

Jul 24, 2012
Monterey Bay California
I have decided to not hydrodip the wheels in woodgrain
??? Please point me to the direction for more information.
edit: Ok a simple search and I see lots.. Do you have a company you know and trust?

On my Chariot I would almost die to have wood wheels. I have thought of making a project out of the creation of 2 wood wheels. I love those fenders and they are on the list if I ever go for a pretty look. I think the striped fenders are awesome.

Last edited:

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Sorry Vsavoldi I dont know or have experience of anyone local to me. You'll just have to do some snooping. Mabey on the gun forums. Lots of guys use this stuff to camo shotguns for turkey and waterfowling. Hey ! How bout a woodie tadpole?

Attachments

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
That one I got off Amazon. My Felt Twin build has the same hub / drum brake, it came off ebay. Its a Sturmey / Archer 90mm without dynamo.