New project found

GoldenMotor.com

vermhot

Jan 19, 2012
Wisconsin
Check out the new bike I got to day!! Was at my parents farm to day and was helping my sister load some things on my truck and after went for a walk and found this bike on the stone pile behind the barn !! So I'm going to fix it up and put a motor on it and a spring fork front-end ,So what do you all think ???!!

Attachments

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Do some research on the bike. It might be rare and worth some $$.

If you sell it, you can always be a used bike for cheap.

jolfstn

Oct 30, 2011
Seattle, WA
I think it needs wheels, and a seat. and some other stuff. Otherwise, nice bike. Just kidding, I agree wht 5-7, could be a collectors bike worth thousands, check it out first. If not, it will make a great MB.

vermhot

Jan 19, 2012
Wisconsin
:-||So an up date on the bike ,I was going over and cleaning up the frame and found a 3" rust crack in the rear top left down tub for the back rim ,soooo I want to fix unless to far gone ,will post pics soon !!

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
yup. looks like a hawthorne zep. not super rare, not worth millions. american pickers would give you 20 bucks for it, since it's rusty and cracked.

then they'd sell it for 200 and call it "patina" and "character."

also, looks short, maybe a 24"? price just went lower..:)

it looks like it has a headbadge, right? that'll tell you what it is, obviously. and, it might be worth more than the bike, if the frame's cracked.

if it's got a 3" crack from rust, that ain't good. rust has a tendency to get inside of frame tubes and eat them from the inside out. but it might be salvageable.

the rear drop-outs may be a problem, too. on older bikes, when you crank down on the axle nuts, those old drops like to spread apart.

still, it'll make a cool bike if you can get it together.