1997 lem $150?

GoldenMotor.com

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
i bought a little lem mx'er upside down forks looked to be in good shape lots of compression, she trys to run kicking but will only idle for a few sec. no problem with that. but when i looked closer and i noticed it was piston port [no reeds] the engine# is 10707 the model is a 00890. i don't know if it is worth putting in a bike frame? dyno streach cruzer. any info would go a long way as i cant find anything about this motor. thanks dennis

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
I can't find any info either, but if it is a morini, I'd have to say that you are looking at better quality than if you had a chinese engine, even if it doesn't have reeds. I say you should go ahead and put it in a bike frame. One thing I'd want to know is if that particular engine had parts available, it might turn me off from using it if there were no parts. Peace
-LS

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
on closer inspection their might be some in their behind the intake [its on the back of the barrel] unlike the new ones [motor case] but they would be small. theirs ch1.2 and morini cast into the alum. barrel. just found out its a s-5t small reed block [the s-5 gs has bigger intake] no HP ratings yet

Last edited:

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
woha! its alot more powerfull than i thought it would be. speedwaymotorparts has parts, made from 1993-2003. don;t know the HP but it will blaze the tire pretty impressive for a single speed auto clutch 15yrs old. musta sat alot.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
woha! its alot more powerfull than i thought it would be. speedwaymotorparts has parts, made from 1993-2003. don;t know the HP but it will blaze the tire pretty impressive for a single speed auto clutch 15yrs old. musta sat alot.
Thems powerful little motors.....plenty powerful :D The clutches don't last too long with the RPM they turn....just sayin.

dnut

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
I had been keeping my eye on a Mini ATV on eBay for a while. It had a Morini motor with a real nice expansion chamber and a flat slide Mukuni carb. It was for sale at $150 and $30 shipping. Didn't have the money :p.

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
lem was a mini MX that competed with ktm and cobra, they were know to be prety good little bikes. don't know if there still around but they were one of the first pro style mini mx bikes.

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
talked to franco morini yesterday, the dude sounded like he had just put down the bong, totally uninterested, slow didnt want to give any info. although their website says any questions? i asked how much HP?... oh i don't know...maybe six? i asked him if he was alright? fine. thanked him for his time hung up. must be the owners son. anyway thanks for the info ls614,camlifter, scotto- and go bronco's daveC

Last edited:

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
well i finely rode the bike around the block today! its a kustumkruzer [dyno] stretch roadster with a s5n morini, springer forks with disk brake, moped rear hub with drum brake 58 tooth sprocket 11t c/s. teny double wall alum rims 12 gage ss spokes, hookworm 26x250 tires and a treatland $35 chamber and air cleaner. smooth as can be and the springer is nice and tight. both brakes work very well. motor has sat along time and had alot of carbon in the exhaust. each time i or freinds rode it it ran better so i think the youngster was a little light on the throttle [carbon] i'll post some pic's as soon as i finnish touch up paint and talk my son or daughter to post since i'm not smart enough to do it dennis

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca

here's some pic's rides real nice. good power, quiet, brake's work great. cheezy flyin bell on the tank thanks for look'in dennis bell

Last edited:

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
Don't take it personally man. LEM is a brand that used morinis as their standard engines. I don't know if they still do or not or if they're even still around, but yeah...that's what the engine's out of

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
it's nice that people like my motorbike thanks for the kind words. the rear hub is off a motobecane dead moped with a freewheel on the right side and a drum brake [see pic's] and sprocket on the left side. i had to widen the top bracket 1/2'' but went together pretty easy i even used the coaster arm bracket as the torque arm bracket complete with chain adjustment slot.