Help with tecumseh clutch removal...

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I got an engine from a snow thrower. It came with the centrifugal clutch and I don't want to use that. I managed to get the bolts all out but i have no idea how to get the gear off the driveshaft. It looks like it might have a retainer clip but I can't really tell if that is what it is or not.

I thought if you couldn't help me, I might just run it up to a small engine shop and let them pull it for me. I tried to make picture of the thing, but my camera won't focus close enough.

Looking into the end of the drive shaft there is a hold with nothing there. Then a ring of some kind I cant tell if it is a clip or not then there is a thicker ring with one saquare nub on it. I think that might be into the groove of the drive shaft, I'm just not sure if that is a clip on the end of the drive shave or not. Also have no idea if I need a gear puller to get it off or not.

That engine shop is looking better all the time. Only problem is you don't learn anything by letting someone else do it for you.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
This thing also looks like it has two wings on the back side. I wonder if they are meant for the gear puller wings.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
The more I look at that gear looking thing the more I think it might be pressed on. did they ever press clutch gears on.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Thanks anyway but I decided to use that as a base for a drive spindle. Just going to cut some threads in the drive shaft.