2003 pacemaker II whizzer for 850 bucks

GoldenMotor.com

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
I know a guy that is selling his whizzer for 850 bucks with less than 400 miles on it....He lives 100 miles away so I havent been able to ride it,just look at pictures of it(Its marroon and looks new)....
I would like to know how fast a 2003 goes and what can be done to the restrictors or whatever to make it as fast as possible....
I would like to know all the details of what simple cheap things can be done to get the most bang for my buck....I know this is a great deal from what I can tell from the prices online....
I just dont want to buy something that I have to work on everyday or I will just stick with my beachcruiser with the 66cc Raw engine....
John

rat bike

Dec 2, 2010
california
hey howz it goin man im not to sure on those motors but i figure they are similar to the chinas. if your looking for something real cool i can build somethin like ive been building for 850 comes with the manic mechanic sprocket adapter and fresh 68.5 cc motor. see my thread on custom new builds by rat bike.

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
hey howz it goin man im not to sure on those motors but i figure they are similar to the chinas. if your looking for something real cool i can build somethin like ive been building for 850 comes with the manic mechanic sprocket adapter and fresh 68.5 cc motor. see my thread on custom new builds by rat bike.
Thanks for the offer,but I already have a bike I built,im just wanting to get a bike that is very dependable to ride about 25 miles a day and not have to worry about breaking down....
John

Plan on replacing the cylinder & Head, and both are becoming hard to locate. All new edition Whizzers prior to the 2005 model had issues with the valve seats working loose.

Average cost to upgrade to a "bullet proof" motor averages from $400.00 to $500.00.

Upgrading a Pacemaker II is worth the effort because it is loaded with optional equipment. The Pacemaker II had a chrome rear rack, turn signals, both mirrors, and a heavy duty metal speedometer, and was avaialable in both 24" and 26" versions. Colors included Blue [dark], maroon with yellow trim, red, and black. The 2001 Pacemaker II was a 24" maroon with an automatic clutch.

Have fun,

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
Plan on replacing the cylinder & Head, and both are becoming hard to locate. All new edition Whizzers prior to the 2005 model had issues with the valve seats working loose.

Average cost to upgrade to a "bullet proof" motor averages from $400.00 to $500.00.

Upgrading a Pacemaker II is worth the effort because it is loaded with optional equipment. The Pacemaker II had a chrome rear rack, turn signals, both mirrors, and a heavy duty metal speedometer, and was avaialable in both 24" and 26" versions. Colors included Blue [dark], maroon with yellow trim, red, and black. The 2001 Pacemaker II was a 24" maroon with an automatic clutch.

Have fun,
Thanks Quenton,it sounds like it the cost is more that I want to do to one of these rides....I figured a Whizzer would be good straight out of the box without all these engine flaws....I think I will just stick with my Raw motor on my cruiser bike....I really had my hopes up for this whizzer....
If I was to change the cylinder and head,how many miles could I expect out of one of these engines????

I have several personal Whizzers with over 6000 miles, and still 100%.

The cylinder & head make the motor "bullet proof" and would think it will last for many, many years.

I know of several that have well over 10,000 miles after the upgrade.

Have fun,

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
I have several personal Whizzers with over 6000 miles, and still 100%.

The cylinder & head make the motor "bullet proof" and would think it will last for many, many years.

I know of several that have well over 10,000 miles after the upgrade.

Have fun,
Thanks Quenton,Do I just need to replace the cylinder and head and nothing else or the piston as well????
John

Hi John,

Sadly it isn't that simple.

Whizzer USA sold a kit and it included a piston, 22 MM carburetor, and an exhaust manifold. The piston was a waste, because 99% of the motors never made it past break in stage, and the pistons aren't sized to the cylinder. Secondly the 22 MM carburetor was too big unless the camshaft & lifters were changed. And finally the exhaust manifold was too big for the earlier pipes, and required a new pipe [over $150.00 more].

The only thing needed is a NE cylinder, NE head, custom exhaust & intake spacers, and a few gaskets. I custom made aluminum spacers to allow the original WC-1 exhaust to bolt to the new cylinder, and spacers to move the WC-1 carburetor rearward [saving hundreds of dollars]. Both spacers have to do with clearance, as the fins are wider on the NE cylinder and hit the stock exhaust manifold, and the carburetor spacer moved the carburetor away from the tappet cover [NE cylinder mounts carburetor closer].

There have been many thousands of dollars spent on trying to make the WC-1 valve seats stay in place, but all have failed [I spent well over $5000.00 myself, and tested over 50 cylinders].

I currently have a new approach to making the WC-1 cylinder work, but haven't had a chance to test it. If you want to PM me I will discuss my new ideas with you, and you might want to give it a try.

All this sounds like a lot of work, however I have upgraded well over 800 motors, and all still running like new [beter than new].

The Whizzer motorbike is in a world of it's own, and is worth the effort.

Have fun,