sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Last edited:

chopperjoe

Nov 15, 2009
bourbonnais il
I thought the Helmutt was a bobber frame. Does he also make a boardie? To answer your question it is a solo type seat with a custom designed and laser cut bracket system. When finished it will be padded and leather covered.

Sportsman WZ Flyer by Sportsman Flyer, on Flickr

BTR Seat by Sportsman Flyer, on Flickr
Helmutt frame is almost identical,maybe a little heavier. Talked to Pat first but he was a few months out on frames, I guess buisness is good. I figured that seat was custom, I have the knowledge to build one just not the right machinery or tools. Man I have to get a welder and get creative

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
It is unfortunate that I am a couple months out on frames. I put as much time out in the shop as possible every evening when I get home from work, then work through the weekends. It has been a longer development process than I imagined and getting the supply line for components developed has been a major challenge. Now that all that is done delivery times will slowly improve. I really want to move into fork manufacture next and even have some cool designs already drawn up, but that is still months away. In the mean time I will continue to kick this stuff out as fast as I can!

jose Pinto

Aug 29, 2010
Portugal
Helmutt frame is almost identical,maybe a little heavier. Talked to Pat first but he was a few months out on frames, I guess buisness is good. I figured that seat was custom, I have the knowledge to build one just not the right machinery or tools. Man I have to get a welder and get creative
very nice your bike fabulous, just one question? how much horsepower the engine? Gearbox have?
xct2

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
very nice your bike fabulous, just one question? how much horsepower the engine? Gearbox have?
xct2
No gear box on the Whizzer, just a belt set-up through pulleys. A stock Whizzer is around 3 hp from what I understand and the one on this build has been rebuilt with all the little tricks so it should be just over 8 hp. Hope to hit 50 mph with it.

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
Thanks, what is the behavior in the hill climb?
.trk
I really don't know how fast it will be or how it will handle the hills. Doug713 had this engine built up by Quenton so he would be the guy to ask as to expected performance. I am real curious myself.

Hi everyone,

Last motor I tested on a DYNO was 9.75 HP. Exceeded 8000 RPMs. Traveled 40.3 MPH within 150 feet. Top speed was over 68 MPH on the DYNO. Front wheel lifts on take-off with automatic clutch.

Have fun,

Last edited:

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
Thanks, Quenton for responding to this question about performance and horse power. I see a big race coming between my Morini equipped Racer chassis and my WZ chassis. Should be interesting!