my trike build

GoldenMotor.com

Cogswelln

Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Well im ordering the parts i need today and have chosen a frame its a new huffy cranbrook, i liked the style of the frame, and a mtotr will fit in it beautifully. Now to order the parts, and the pictures will be posted as soon as i start.trk

Cogswelln

Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Well new parts are ordered which are including a new motor 66cc of course, 3 speed trike conversion kit, shift kit, and an expansion chamber exhuast, now its just waiting for the parts to come in, and having the time of my life building a new project. but for now im off to work on my regular bike, im rebuilding that one right now while i wait.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Cool looking forward to seeing this one come alive, where did You order Your trike kit from?

Cheers

Cogswelln

Dec 6, 2009
Maine
i got my trike kit from spooky tooth, as well as my motor, i ordered my shift kit and expansion chamber exhaust from sick bike parts, so far i dont have any complaints, but the ordering process was easy for both places.

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine
Cogswelln,
Let me know if ya need a hand on anything, I'm good at scratching my head and looking at the project funny too!! Besides, I'm doing a stretch trike real soon, I may need the help!
Mac

Cogswelln

Dec 6, 2009
Maine
well im going to be stripping all that needs to go off the frame, and ill be posting pics of the frame soon. just primarily waiting on getting the kits i have oredered. i get impateint waiting but itll be worth it when i get to ride her for the first time

Cogswelln

Dec 6, 2009
Maine
HOLY CRAP, i ordered my shift kit, and my expansion chamber exhaust on friday, and it got here today which is monday. I have never seen shipping like that. time to finish ripping the frame apart and start taking pictures of the start of the build.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Yeah SBP is insanely fast.. Pirates and Venice are like that too..Alot of other guys should learn from them.
Cheers

Cogswelln

Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Well Fed ex just annoys me, they have my packages on a truck ready to go but wont deliver till monday......... my other packages from sbp one i already ordered and recieved the other just ordered a couple days ago will be delivered today. USPS better than FEDex i hate to say it but yup....... srry for no pics yet, i have to get a new camera or wait for my g/f to be home to use hers......trk

Cogswelln

Dec 6, 2009
Maine
the build is started, and pictures are being taken, it is off to a slow start, but i am taking my time and making sure it will be done right. Ill post a few pics tonight before bed.

Cogswelln

Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Update: About 10 hours of building taking my time and putting it together right. I was finally able to give it a quick test run. At about 430 this morning i was working on it to get it going.
Sorry for the lack of pictures. i am still waiting for my g/f to either e-mail them to me or put em on a disk. (my card reader is dead) Ill have the pics up asap. the motor fired right up exhaust sounded great.
The trike is a 3 speed nuvinci, with the SBP SHift kit. 26"front wheel, 24" in the rear. 66 cc motor with expansion chamber and a cns carb. I think its a cns, (will correct if i am wrong later). I can tell its got power, but due to chain alignment issues, and work the next todays it may be a few before i have it running the way she should. i can already tell its going to be a fun road only trike. Instead of the straight none suspension front forks that came on the cranbrook frame, i took the front forks of my spare trail bike frame, and utilized them for riding comfort. well off to bed 330 am will be here soon enough.

Oh and i really will be posting the pics as soon as i get them. the pictures that have been taken are all the "rough draft" of what the trike will finally look like. Im just getting the trike going before i paint it, and do a few other things that i have been thinking about..........trk

Cogswelln

Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Well here is some pics of the trike. I took it for a little trip to my friends house to tweak it. managed to have several really good runs when ever i down shift i loose a chain, just a tension issue. And i am not sure which screw on the carb is the fuel/air, and which is idle. No instructions for the carb :( Overall this thing goes. once i get it dialed in ill get a speed test with vid by chasig car. posting a couple more pics in a second..trk

Attachments

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Noice Cog - I see you've the new style HD SBP shiftkit & tuned pipe and have even added shocks fer our fine roads, smart man (^)

BTW - part of yer chain issues may be because yer tryin' to tension the load side of the chain (upper), try flippin' it to tension the slack side of the drive chain (lower) as that's where it get's loose under load. On the CNS carby it's the right screw fer idle and the left fer fuel/air.

Lookin' good man, and yer right - yer GF rocks fer not freakin' out w/the custom kitchen conversion lol, obv this means ya need ta build her one ;)

Last edited:

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Cool build. I have a 42 Schwinn step through I'm saving for a trike build down the line and am interested in your experiences with your trike... how it rides and handles at corners and such. Mine will also be 2 stroke with an electric hub motor up front, but think I will go with just one speed. I'm imagining that top speed on a trike will be somewhat slower than you'd want to go with a bike. So how do you like riding it?
SB