26" Mens' NEXT PowerX Dual-Suspension Mountain Bike

GoldenMotor.com

AndrewPwrP2P

Jul 18, 2010
Las Vegas
How would I go about mounting an engine to this,

Jet 80cc 2 Stroke Bicycle Motor - Jet 80cc 2 Stroke Bicycle Engine Kit - 66cc Bicycle Engine Kit

It comes with a Universal Motor Mount if I pay 15 extra, would this be installed on the top of the tire and have the chain in a vertical straight running the chain and thus still working as normal?

I don't know anything and I've been searching for help for awhile x: Can't find anything about Universal Motor Mounting don't know what to search for it xX.. (Besides its self, but even that's not working)

Trying to save myself energy from transporting from work and back (7 miles to and back)

Help? :(

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Well, in my opinion that is about the worst bike these is to try to mount a $150 2-stroke kit on for a number of reasons.

The obvious one is of course no place to put it.

The less obvious if you did rig something over the back wheel it's sole support would be the back of the frame because with the rear shock you can't attach it to the seat post or the shock movement would break something, be it the mount or the chain.

And then there is the complete waste of the gearing...

You might be able to put some front wheel drive on it, like a friction drive, but even then it is expensive and a waste of an otherwise great bike for it's designed purpose of pedal power.

I suggest you just get a different bike better suited to a motor.
You can get one for under $200, or splurge and get a Grubee GT1 for $300, it has front shocks and designed to be motorized.
I just built one and it's awesome.

Heck, for what you could get selling that bike you could build a brand new shift kit bike with shocks.

Though some may differ with me on this, I would forget using a Jet engine.
From what I have heard, the $50 you save over a quality kit and motor will cost you triple that in 50 days replacing their cheap parts.

Just my opinion bud, and welcome to the site.

AndrewPwrP2P

Jul 18, 2010
Las Vegas
Well, in my opinion that is about the worst bike these is to try to mount a $150 2-stroke kit on for a number of reasons.

The obvious one is of course no place to put it.

The less obvious if you did rig something over the back wheel it's sole support would be the back of the frame because with the rear shock you can't attach it to the seat post or the shock movement would break something, be it the mount or the chain.

And then there is the complete waste of the gearing...

You might be able to put some front wheel drive on it, like a friction drive, but even then it is expensive and a waste of an otherwise great bike for it's designed purpose of pedal power.

I suggest you just get a different bike better suited to a motor.
You can get one for under $200, or splurge and get a Grubee GT1 for $300, it has front shocks and designed to be motorized.
I just built one and it's awesome.

Heck, for what you could get selling that bike you could build a brand new shift kit bike with shocks.

Though some may differ with me on this, I would forget using a Jet engine.
From what I have heard, the $50 you save over a quality kit and motor will cost you triple that in 50 days replacing their cheap parts.

Just my opinion bud, and welcome to the site.

xD Okay I'll just sell it and start a-new :]]] yaya

Where should I start with building a bike myself that is good quality then? o:

I'll use a Grubee engine instead O: I'm also a Do-It yourself kind of person as well ahha

Last edited:

Jun 7, 2010
on a bike
If you go Grubee hold out for there NEW EPA 2010 motor. Sounds alot better then the one everyone has for sale now. Anyone know where to buy the NEW Grubee motor?

Ursus

Aug 12, 2010
NYC
You could use three points on the rear swing arm to mount the motor directly over the rear wheel.. 2 axle points and the suspension mount weld those 3 rods to a custom u shaped motor mount.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Motorized Bicycles - Bicycle Motors - Bicycle Engine Kits - Bike Motors - Bicycle Motor Parts is the sole distributor of the 2010 EPA certified Grubee Skyhawk motors, and they are in stock.
They are all $149 with the $30 coupon. 'All' being a 48 or 66cc sliver or black slant head motor.

# New High Performance CNS Carburetor ($65 Value)
# new EPA Approved Black Cat Muffler with Heat Shield
# Chrome Lined Cylinder Wall
# Head With 45 Degree Angle Fire Spark Plug
# 202 Crankcase Bearings
# Needle Bearings On Piston Wrist Pin
# Standard 410 Chain

If you are building a single speed bike the Grubee bike for $300 makes it pretty easy.
It has a front shock, hub mounted rear sprocket, dual V brakes and a hub brake.

All you really need to do is put both V-brakes on the right dual pull hand brake for the right, and then you can just move the single pull left hand brake lever out of the way for the hub brake as a backup.

It all depends on your budget.
You can get a pretty good mountain bike for less than $300 that would fine, you could even Jackshaft it.