need help with morini exhaust

GoldenMotor.com

spit_fire

Aug 28, 2009
Brampton
hello everytbody i just bought a morini engine for my next project(starting on it as soon as weather permits its way to cold right now to work on it) and is sitting on my shelf so i can stare at it every day as motivation to brainstorm ideas for the build and as far as exhaust goes i got nothing foreasy got me some links to 1977 moped and such so ive been looking there ive yet to contact them to c which pipes will fit on the morini, im starting this thread for help from the ones with morinis and expericne in the field as i know your pipe limits the performance of the engine and im not planning on cheaping out but unfortunetly i cant bring my bike to pipeline to get lean Dean to work his magic on it, any suggestions and help is greatly appriciated i still have to get a bike and figure out how im gonna get the pipe around the frame as it comes straight out of the engine, so please to all the great one out there fill my head with knowledge and ideas thanks dance1

spit_fire

Aug 28, 2009
Brampton
yo know whta that sound like a great idea i forgot that the ktm used the morini engine you think those pipes will alow the engine to produce peak power or should i look into aftermarket pipe mayb get a lil more power?

skipu

Aug 6, 2008
New jersey
hello everytbody i just bought a morini engine for my next project(starting on it as soon as weather permits its way to cold right now to work on it) and is sitting on my shelf so i can stare at it every day as motivation to brainstorm ideas for the build and as far as exhaust goes i got nothing foreasy got me some links to 1977 moped and such so ive been looking there ive yet to contact them to c which pipes will fit on the morini, im starting this thread for help from the ones with morinis and expericne in the field as i know your pipe limits the performance of the engine and im not planning on cheaping out but unfortunetly i cant bring my bike to pipeline to get lean Dean to work his magic on it, any suggestions and help is greatly appriciated i still have to get a bike and figure out how im gonna get the pipe around the frame as it comes straight out of the engine, so please to all the great one out there fill my head with knowledge and ideas thanks dance1
im getting ready to try a noleen king cobra 50 pipe ill let ya know after i massage it in should be pretty good ! dnut

Saboteur

May 17, 2010
Los Angeles
in the early 70's, Indian Motorcycle Co. used Morini as one of 3 engines on their dirt bikes. I found indiandirtbikeparts.com in my research. Click on Indian Line-up and you will see the Indian/ITAL-JETMM5A model. They may have a replacement exhaust pipe that may work for your project. Just an idea from the Saboteur.

spit_fire

Aug 28, 2009
Brampton
does anyone know if i can get a hold of dean any other way besides phoneing him such as email or a site ??? i was thinking if i give him the dimensions mayb he can build me one or at least manifold and chamber and i can work with the header myself ???

GeneFiorot

Feb 12, 2009
Punta Gorda Florida
does anyone know if i can get a hold of dean any other way besides phoneing him such as email or a site ??? i was thinking if i give him the dimensions mayb he can build me one or at least manifold and chamber and i can work with the header myself ???
The silence that developed from your question should give you good reason to seek other avenues in fabricating the correct pipe for your needs. Take it from one with experience in this arena.

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
i found that the pipe from a kx65 is an ez retrofit, i had to cut the front head piece off and clock it about 12 deg. weld it back on and make a slip coller 1.520 in. for mounting the pipe to the jug. this is on a worksman frame and gives you an up pipe not down under. looks awesome on the bike.

spit_fire

Aug 28, 2009
Brampton
im going to try to hunt down a pipe from a kx65, how much did you pay for your pipe camlifter? and did you go with a oem or aftermarket performance pipe??? i saw some used oem pipes for anywere between 25-50 bucks and some nice pipes for 200+, do you really think it makes that big of a diffrents that people justify spending that kind of flow ???

Last edited: