What do you think of this E-bike???

GoldenMotor.com

skyhawk66cc

May 2, 2011
Washington
I am thinking about getting an electric bike and I found this bike on gasbikes.
Izip Electric Mountain Bike Mountain Trailz AL - Izip Mens Mountain Bike Mountain Trailz AL

Is this a good bike?? Any suggestions?? I would like to keep it in the $500 and below range for price. I currently have a 2-stroke bike and am somewhat not happy with it. My commute is 24 miles round trip 12 miles each way. I will get an extra couple of batteries to keep charged at work and then have my batteries that I use to get to work and swap them out so I always have fully charged batteries for the commute. Any better bikes for the same price or close to it that you know about?? Thanks guys.

-skyhawk66cc

mac66

Aug 12, 2008
Those can be found at Walmart and have a decent following from everything I've read about them. I don't have one but am considering getting one myself.

grouchyolfart

May 31, 2008
Wahiawa, Hawai'i
If you can, try "fitting" the bike first. I bought one and I found it uncomfortable for my body type. I like to sit more upright and the seat is a real pita, literally. Get a good, wide cruiser seat if you're a heavy type guy like me. Check your local Craigslist. I found a couple for around $150 ea. A plus is you can pack along 2 battery packs for more distance. The down side is that they're expensive. Also, the packs contain 2 12volt 10ah sla batteries. I'm partial to using 2 12volt 12ah sla batteries.

I like to tinker with these so the 2 I bought have been canabalized and am using the motors and other parts on a women's mountain bike. At my age it's getting harder to swing that leg over the seat and this bike happens to be pretty close to a step-thru. ;)

Btw, none of my 24volt battery packs have given me more than 10 miles with pedal assist. Where I ride has some pretty good hills so your mileage may vary. I'm also over 200 lbs. and that makes a big difference as well. Lucky for me, I don't have to commute more than 10 miles round trip and can always "top off" once at work to make sure I can get all the way home. zpt

crow

Mar 23, 2012
Australia
It looks like a good cheap bike, but, and there is allways a but, and its yours,,lol,,let me qualafy that by saying that all ebikes from the factory seem to have all the wieght concentrated on the rear of the bike, and when you add your wieght to that (adult) your adding to it and the rear wheel drives are the best to get,, never get a front wheel drive as they tend to break forks i have been told from regen braking,,as the rear has all the wieght, and SLA battery will wiegh more than the lifepo4 battery thats used by most today, still thats a good buy, if you change the bike to a dual suspention and change the battery.

RB44

Apr 19, 2012
Pinellas park Floorida
It looks like a good cheap bike, but, and there is allways a but, and its yours,,lol,,let me qualafy that by saying that all ebikes from the factory seem to have all the wieght concentrated on the rear of the bike, and when you add your wieght to that (adult) your adding to it and the rear wheel drives are the best to get,, never get a front wheel drive as they tend to break forks i have been told from regen braking,,as the rear has all the wieght, and SLA battery will wiegh more than the lifepo4 battery thats used by most today, still thats a good buy, if you change the bike to a dual suspention and change the battery.
Crow that`s good info! I would like to add that Target online sells the Izip for about 50..00 less than walmart