magnet post ?

GoldenMotor.com

P Marak

Jan 13, 2011
Corpus Christi
My pull starter broke and threw a piece of metal that jamed the magnet against the magneto. I was able to pull the magnet off and the threaded post was mangled up where the slot is. how do you take apart the engine to replace the post?

kerf

Jun 28, 2010
Birmingham, Al
My pull starter broke and threw a piece of metal that jamed the magnet against the magneto. I was able to pull the magnet off and the threaded post was mangled up where the slot is. how do you take apart the engine to replace the post?
I think you'll need to supply more info, such as what type of engine do you have. A picture of the area in question could also help.

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
The shaft that the magnet attaches to is an integral part of the crankshaft...You will have to split the cases and replace the crankshaft.

Jim

P Marak

Jan 13, 2011
Corpus Christi
Does anyone know where I can get some kind of manual or instructions on how to go about slpiting the engine and getting the crank shaft out?