Coil spring test video

GoldenMotor.com

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I dont know? that seems worse then my stock clutch from what little patience I have to download the video with my horrible PC.

Last edited:

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Are you sure there wasn't a UFO buzzing you,I think I noticed one about #251 at the top of the screen,before the stop sign...lol

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I thought you needed new springs on that two shoe??
From what I saw in the video the hill I was speaking of is way steeper. It's hard to tell from the video how steep that hill really is. When I get time I will make a video going up Sentinel Peak.

* After I get my rear wheel fixed of course.

Last edited:

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Sorry ,I guess I didn't catch what you were doing and was still hooked on the loud spring vid. Then I watched part of the quiet one and wondered about the hill climbing ability slowing the motor

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
It's monsoon season in the SouthWest :)

I lost track GH, what gear oil are you using with the 3-shoe? I was gonna change mine today when I realized I had no more. I am running the Bel-Ray Gear Saver 80w and I find it to work the best with my experiences.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I was thinking of trying something different, if I can find the Maxima I will give it a try. It seems like no matter what I use it comes out nasty even on very short rides. But I believe Dean said they all do.

When I switched to the Bel Ray 80w it was like a new clutch. I am just wondering now that it is broken in a little if something else would not be better.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I'd have to say that that NV is fried like a potato chip.
Just listening to your poor engine screaming as the hub was failing made me cringe. :eek:
Now we all know that an NV hub is not bullet proof... :(

FreeWheeler

Jun 22, 2010
Maryland
Goat, that sounds great.

Just finding the right spot for a c-clip without frying my China Junk is challenge enough for me right now, but....