20inch easy roll regal

GoldenMotor.com

wbelyeu

Jun 29, 2010
oklahoma city
i have a 20 inch easy roll regal trike and i wanna see what you guys would recommend for a motor. i am comparing prices to decide my next project. i have an occ chopper and i have been thinking of building a trike kit for it but if i can figure out a good way to motorize the regal i will do it and just build the occ bike up with a 80cc kit. i dont really care if i have to pedal or use a pull start on the trike any ideas?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I can't see the mechaincs on the rear axle but from what I can see motorizing it shouldn't be a big deal. 2 or 4 stroke? Appears like it would be a comfy ride. Keep us informed.
Tom

wbelyeu

Jun 29, 2010
oklahoma city
sorry i should have posted pics before, and i really dont care what kind of motor i end up with on it so long as it needs gas. i have a 18hp briggs with a starter key switch and battery i have thought about using but if i go that route i would have to put mags on the rear so i dont break the spokes and build some kind of wheelie bar to help keep the front end down, the bike is not exactly heavy in the front. i would rather go with something smaller and lighter.
IMAG0010.jpg

IMAG0012.jpg

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
need weelie bars to compensate for the weight of the engine when tis setting still lol

wbelyeu

Jun 29, 2010
oklahoma city
if you can see it there is a three speed hub. what would i be looking at if i put a 4stroke to that hub instead of the rear hub so i could pull the clutch and switch gears. and what size sproket should i use on the engine to give me enough torque ?