99 Whizzer Brake light fix

GoldenMotor.com

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
Has anyone else done this? My 99 has the brake light switch working off the coaster brake arm. I laced up a Shimano hub but my brake light switch works off my coaster brake arm. The arm won't fit my Shimano hub. The 99 arm has a slot in the arm & the Shimano brake is kind of like a spline (yes I should have taken pictures). I thought I'd clamp them in a vise & file out the Whizzer arm to fit the spline shaft on the Shimano hub. I did that to a Harley sprocket years ago because I wanted lower gearing than was available. Well, this Whizzer coaster brake arm was hard steel. Real hard. So I heated it with a little propane torch & let it sit overnight & the next day it filed easy. Now my Bike has the Shimano hub & brake lights.

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
Doesn't anyone have a Whizzer? There haven't been any hits on the Whizzer site for days. About the rear brake switch. This might show how much I don't know but, I just realized that the front brake lever has a little brake light switch in it. So that means we don't have to worry when we change back brake hubs. Take off the coaster brake light thing & if we use the front brake lever (which we all do) the rear brake light will come on.
Jay

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Hi Jay, the little switch can be had, and put on your clutch lever, NOW anytime you pull in the clutch, you WOULD be slowing down?

I like it like that!

Mike

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Hi Jay, the little switch can be had, and put on your clutch lever, NOW anytime you pull in the clutch, you WOULD be slowing down?

I like it like that!

Mike
Actually there's a few times I pull in the clutch and I speed up.

Anyone have a picture of how the Whizzer coaster brake light switch is set up? I just can't get my mind wrapped around how a switch is connected to the coaster brake arm. I'd like to set something like that up on my bike.

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
Here are some pics of the rear brake light switch.. Hope they're clear enough to see. It's easier though to just buy a front brake lever with the switch built in if you have a front brake.

Attachments

Last edited:

weekend-fun

Jun 21, 2009
San Carlos CA
Has anyone else done this? My 99 has the brake light switch working off the coaster brake arm. I laced up a Shimano hub but my brake light switch works off my coaster brake arm. The arm won't fit my Shimano hub. The 99 arm has a slot in the arm & the Shimano brake is kind of like a spline (yes I should have taken pictures). I thought I'd clamp them in a vise & file out the Whizzer arm to fit the spline shaft on the Shimano hub. I did that to a Harley sprocket years ago because I wanted lower gearing than was available. Well, this Whizzer coaster brake arm was hard steel. Real hard. So I heated it with a little propane torch & let it sit overnight & the next day it filed easy. Now my Bike has the Shimano hub & brake lights.