Have You Been Ticketed By The Police

GoldenMotor.com

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
In this thread I want to hear from ANYONE that has been pulled over by the police. If you were pulled over out of curiosity don't post. If you were given a warning or a ticket I want to know the facts.

I DON'T WANT 2nd. HAND INFORMATION PLEASE.

I am gathering information and need it to be accurate. Some the the information has to do with changing Florida laws and some would help in stting up a national organization.

I also don't want a lot of discussions. Actually...none. I just want to hear from the people mentioned above.

Thanks!

Terry

Last edited:

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
got pulled over in Newport Beach, CA. for not having a license plate, M2 license (scooter) and for wearing a pro-tec skateboard helmet.

ticket was $400, i got all those things, went to court and got them all signed off. had to pay $25 proof/court fee for each one, so $75 total.

buhz

Mar 16, 2011
clearwater fl.
usflgI live in clearwater fl. its hard not to see a cop,first pulled over I had my bike 3 days cop said its illegal but was not going to give me a ticket,just wanted to run my id for warrants. his last words were next time you may not get a cop as nice as him. He was right 2 months later a sherif pulled me he jumped out of the car screaming give me your licence, I handed it to him and said its expired.he jumped up and down then went to his car for almost 25 minutes came out and gave me a ticket for exp. licence. told me next time he would arrest me. I went to court no dissmisal, set for pre-trial,went to court again no dissmisal, they just would not work out a deal. something I said gave me another pre-trial,went again still no deal. now it goes to trial on oct 10 I hope something thats being said in this forum will help.but so far for the most part all I read sounds like a bunch of old wash women arguing. got ticket april 12. then there was the memorial day pull over he said he was going to give me a ticket for jay walking? jay rolling maybe. told me to cross at the light and drove off. ride safe Bob B buhz

motorbiker

Mar 22, 2008
Tampa Bay Florida
Last edited:

decoherence

Aug 23, 2010
sebring,fl
those laws were put on the books because of squids. they get onto toll roads because they are less crowded. then either tape over their tag or have it flip up to hide. then they fly down the road.
florida is a no chase state when it comes to motor cycles.
for no helmet we are required to carry insurance & the speed limit is 75mph

motorbiker

Mar 22, 2008
Tampa Bay Florida
those laws were put on the books because of squids. they get onto toll roads because they are less crowded. then either tape over their tag or have it flip up to hide. then they fly down the road.
florida is a no chase state when it comes to motor cycles.
for no helmet we are required to carry insurance & the speed limit is 75mph
Yet they added the word moped ? Who rides a moped on a toll road ? :)

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
Okay, enough discussion on Florida laws please. That isn't what this thread is for. I know, I started it. I'll give myself 20 lashes with a wet noodle!

Terry

will_in_pa

Sep 16, 2011
Pittsburgh
Hi guys.. I am new.. I just got pulled over last night on the bike.. I have a suspended license due to a DUI.. I live in pa.. They stated I needed a drivers license.. And charged me with 1543B-- driving on a suspended license.. I spoke with one lawyer today and be was totally baffled....! The officer pulled me over saying I did not have enough light on the bike was his probale cause.. My lawyer is going to look into it.. I'll keep you updated... Pendot here in pa would not answer my question and said I would need to
Get the bike registered but I advised him their no vin! He stated he did not know and to seek a lawyer... On the ticket it stated I drove a motorized pedalcycle..

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
pedalcycle? WTHeck? lol That isn't even a word. These cops need to be reigned in. They are getting out of hand. They do what they want, and don't follow what the law really says. Paula has the key for us Floridians. As long as you engine is is 50cc and under its not a moped, just a simple motorized bicycle.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Google

Pedalcycle is another word for bicycle, just not one in common usage;

Definition for pedalcycle:
A bicycle, also known as a bike, pushbike or cycle, is a pedal-driven, human-powered, single-track vehicle, having two wheels attached to a frame, one behind the other. A person who rides a bicycle is called a cyclist or a bicyclist.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedalcycle

Pedalcycle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pedalcycle definition | Transportation Dictionary

definition of pedal cycle from Oxford Dictionaries