designlogicbikes.com

GoldenMotor.com

Lance Portnoff

Mar 22, 2010
pennsylvania
hello everone
my name is lance, I am the owner of design logic bikes.com I am selling a complete new made in the USA motorbicycle for $2,695 american made frame 4130 cromo, subaru 35cc engine, and a staton transmission. The prototype was raced at the death race and I got 9th out of 50 the bike has been bulletproof not even a flat for 60 hours of hard use. 25-30 mph and 150+mpg Please look at my site at designlogicbikes.com I can be reached at 626 240 3474
thanks

Lance Portnoff

Mar 22, 2010
pennsylvania
hi yall
New design logic bikes and frames for sale 100% USA handmade cromo frame, honda or subaru engine, USA made staton trans

Lance
designlogicbikes.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Lance Portnoff

Mar 22, 2010
pennsylvania
Frame is hand made out of 100% cromo in the USA and powdercoated to your choice of color,
engine and trans from staton, wheels are hand built. I have over 70 hours on the current bike with no problems. 30 mph, 150 mpg.
frame $1000
parts $1000
engine+trans $550

quality is priceless

total $2600 for a complete bike, nothing for you to do except add gas

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Lance, can you be more specific with a build list and components used on your builds such as...

All American Made Custom Bicycle with,

Chinese made engine kit, or American made engine kit,

type & brand of engine kit 2-stroke or 4-stroke or electric powered,

type or brand of frame,

type or brand of wheels steel or alum spoke size & type of tires,

type or brand of forks,

type or brand of brakes disc, drum or caliper,

type or brand of handlebars,

type or brand of seat,

type or brand of crank one piece or three piece,

type & brand with single speed hub or multi speed hub,

what components are custom made,

are your bikes factory built then modified or custom built in a factory for motorizing?

Does this model have a lighting package what type or brand,
and any other items or accessories included in this particular model like speedometer, horn.

It is sometimes easier to justify a hefty or lofty price, so with an explanation based on quality of parts & components etc... etc... it's easier for a buyer to base judgment on all these factors as the old saying goes "Price based on quality of a product always pay's for itself !!!"

Peace Crazy Horse.

P.S. Sorry Lance about posting this after you mostly answered these questions in your post prior to mine!

Last edited:

Lance Portnoff

Mar 22, 2010
pennsylvania
Design Logic Motorbicycles are USA made from 4130 cromo built around the Staton transmission
and Staton rear dual drive hub.
the way the bike in the picture is specd, would cost closer to $3,000
The bike for $2600 will have a Subaru 35 cc 4 stroke engine not a Honda 50 cc
The stem and seatpost in the picture are Thompson, an American company, the model for $2600 will not have those American parts but it can be upgraded.
The headset on the pictured model is a Chris king, an American company. The price retail for this headset is $120 and will not be on the $2600 model unless upgraded to it.
The seat on the bike in the pic is a Brooks, it retails for $120 and would not be on the $2600 model
The pedals are Easton $120 retail, not on the $2600 model
The other parts will be the same on the $2600 model

DMR 20 mm cromo threadless fork with DMR 20mm thru axle front hub laced to a DT swiss rim
Staton rear hub with a sun 48 hole rim
both wheels are handbuilt with dt stainless spokes
Maxxis hookworm tires 2.5
Hayes stoker ace front disc brake
Shimano v brake in the rear
handlebar is a fly mike day cromo
Shimano deore tripple, 2 piece crank and bb
Grips are ODI, an american company
all other parts ie shifters, derailleurs, freewheels, chains, etc will be Shimano

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Frame is hand made out of 100% cromo in the USA and powdercoated to your choice of color,
engine and trans from staton, wheels are hand built. I have over 70 hours on the current bike with no problems. 30 mph, 150 mpg.
frame $1000
parts $1000
engine+trans $550

quality is priceless

total $2600 for a complete bike, nothing for you to do except add gas
So this is a used bike, selling for $2,600.....might wanna put it up for auction...just a thought. Sorry but I'm just not seeing $2,600 worth of any bike here, and I do know bikes. I'm familiar with all of the components you listed as being for a NEW $3,000 bike...I could get a used XR400R for less than that, just sayin.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
hello everone
my name is lance, I am the owner of design logic bikes.com I am selling a complete new made in the USA motorbicycle for $2,695 american made frame 4130 cromo, subaru 35cc engine, and a staton transmission. The prototype was raced at the death race and I got 9th out of 50 the bike has been bulletproof not even a flat for 60 hours of hard use. 25-30 mph and 150+mpg Please look at my site at designlogicbikes.com I can be reached at 626 240 3474 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************626 240 3474******end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************626 240 3474******end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************626 240 3474******end_of_the_skype_highlighting
thanks
So this is a used bike, selling for $2,600.....might wanna put it up for auction...just a thought. Sorry but I'm just not seeing $2,600 worth of any bike here, and I do know bikes. I'm familiar with all of the components you listed as being for a NEW $3,000 bike...I could get a used XR400R for less than that, just sayin.
Just my opinion it appears that Lance has been describing the performance of his prototype in his previous post's.

Isn't this what Lance posted:
I am the owner of design logic bikes.com I am selling a complete new made in the USA motorbicycle for $2,695 american made.

I haven't read in his previous posts that he is selling a used bicycle or a prototype in this thread, it is my view that his standard or base model is what price he has posted previously in this thread.

JMO !!!

Peace Crazy Horse.

Lance Portnoff

Mar 22, 2010
pennsylvania
The frame is made in a jig, it is a Design Logic made in the USA, it is one piece and tig welded from 4130 cromo
the frame has tabs that a Staton transmission bolts to and the chainline to the rear hub is correct, we do not make or sell another kind of mounting system for any other kind of motor bicycle

UncleKudzu

May 26, 2008
Deep in the American South
he's talking about a brand new motorized bike for that price, ready to hop on and ride away.

the frame is not a Surley, or any of the other production cargo/long bike you may have seen. i have no connection whatsoever with the guy, but i think it's a very well-designed set-up if you'll stop and study it: a nice little 4-stroke engine with a low center-of-gravity, out of the rider's way for peddling. shorter drive chain. apparently it has a transmission. lots of things to love about this bike!

my only interest in it is that this is exactly the type of motorized bike that i would build if i could weld :)

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
But he said American made at $2,600. But the $2,600 bike doesn't have the American made this and American made that. Now matter what, a motorized bike, to me isn't worth that much money. As for the frame material, why would anyone need that type of steel. Its overkill. Just my opinion.

Terry

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
Lance,
\I met you at jb's rally. I had the mountainbike ok the wheelying mtb lol. To everyone else, I seen the prototype in person. the bike is mint. sweet handmade frame it was loaded with all the good shimano components it was def a nice piece. The price fits the masterpiece. People need to realize that not all bikes are china crap and that not all bikes cost 300 bucks! there is alot that went into the production of this bike as I spoke to lance about it for over an hr. He was verry into his machine and took alot of pride and sweat to come up with the desighn. He was verry informative and knew his stuff. This isnt a rocketship but its reliable and gets you from point a to b problem free. we did many miles and he def wasnt on the side of the road broke down like alot of others were. Lance good luck on your venture. If i had some cash I would def buy one so to those who do look into it. He will build you a bike to suit your needs..