Grease seap JB Weld?

GoldenMotor.com

ryanatcardiff

Apr 20, 2010
Encinitas
Got grease seeping from the middle joint where the motor is sandwiched together, also that gasket is slipping out yet the screws are super tight. Anyone ever used JB Weld to fix such a problem? Thanks

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Funny, you are the second guy in about 5 minutes with the same problem, and asking about using JB Weld to fix it.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I would clean it thoroughly, remove any loose material, and then seal it with silicone, letting it cure for 24 hours before riding it.

wildemere

Feb 12, 2008
Newcastle
It probably aint grease, its more likely half used 2 stroke oil...

So you won't run out! I hope

If its at the rear of the cases though, could be grease there.

wildemere

Feb 12, 2008
Newcastle
I wouldn't worry about it, they are greasy grubby things these little two strokes.

After a while the whole thing will resemble a grease ball, with crap oozing from every orifice.

First you got your leaking fuel mix messing up all over the place, then black crap dripping from the exhaust then the greasy crap from the cases, it all mixes together, then its a perfect match.

Unless you got the time to strip it down and rebuild it with proper assembly methods that is...

Last edited:

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
laff
I wouldn't worry about it, they are greasy grubby things these little two strokes.

After a while the whole thing will resemble a grease ball, with crap oozing from every orifice.

First you got your leaking fuel mix messing up all over the place, then black crap dripping from the exhaust then the greasy crap from the cases, it all mixes together, then its a perfect match.

Unless you got the time to strip it down and rebuild it with proper assembly methods that is...
That is funny but true.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
One thing that hasn't been mentioned here is, if there is oil comming out of the case, then there's most likely air going into the case!!! Air leaks are bad!!!

Applying JB over the seam where the gasket's bad isn't a crazy idea... It should work well, but it will look a little cheesy! :rolleyes:

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
The sylicone sounds right,also see..... Grease glob on motor..... for more imfo on replacing missing grease,as stated above