Good 26x2.125 Tires for a Good Price ?

GoldenMotor.com

TANGO

May 26, 2011
IL
I need to buy some 26x2.125 Tires for my Bike Build Not sure if I want White Walls or just regular . It will be a Kinda Rat Rod old Bike Build . But I sure want to use some Tires that won't be shaking Like crazy at higher speeds . Any good Places on Line to buy from ? And Tire Types you recommend ?

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
i recommend tires with a width of under 2". I have a beach cruiser with 26 x 1.95 tires, very little vibration. my front tire is a basic kenda whitewall which i painted black. my rear tire is made by specialized and the model is hardrock'r. i paid $15 for my rear tire. my front tire i got on ebay, and i actually paid $10 a piece for 2 tires. the kenda tires were nice, and cleared the chain fine on my first MB. but on my second bike i had chain clearance issues. the hardrock'r tire cleared the chain fine. some people say the balloon tires dampen vibration and knobby tires make it worse. i actually have found less vibration with knobby tires.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
The only two problems with larger tires would be clearance and rolling resistance, other than that they simply provide greater traction (contact patch) and some small shock absorption when hitting road irregularities, protecting your rim and helping to prevent "pinch flats" at the greater speeds of motorized bicycle riding.

Just about any name brand bicycle tire is made well enough that you wont experience any "shaking" - even as inexpensive a tire as a $15 Kenda. I did have some problems with some generic "industrial delivery" tires, often used on rental beach cruisers - but that wasn't a surprise, they were obviously "lumpy" and cost a whopping $6 each lol

I happy run 2.125 tires on all of my MBs save my old dutch commuter, which simply has no clearance for such... would if I could tho ;)

TANGO

May 26, 2011
IL
After reading some vendor info on Tires . I see were on some Bike Builds the Engine Chain can run Close to the Tire . I plan to use a 415 chain so to play it safe I am going with 26x1.95 Tires Most Likely Black wall because of the Oil that will be thrown all over the Tire over run time . And I hope to get Less Roll resistants with the thiner Tires .

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
It can be difficult to get balloon tires to mount true on some rims - especially cheap/generic rims - but using proper techniques when inflating them (like rocking the tire on the rim, working around the circumference at 10-15psi, then inflating a bit more and repeat) will cut that down a lot.