SoCal Motor Bicycle Racing Sat April 7th 2012 Grange Racetrack!!

GoldenMotor.com

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
If you weld for me I'll lace for you ?
I'm going to race in the mid class with a 130. 2 stroke
mm I wish I can weld but my bro magrider does the welding in the family. I can't lay a bead down if my life depended on it. But I will mention it to him and maybe you guys can exchange some labor services. Moneys tight for me right now and I'm not really looking to buy 24" wheels, spokes, and nipples until summer if I'm lucky.

SoSauty

Feb 4, 2011
Bako, CA
Hey Flying Dutch,

Lacing a wheel isn't too bad with some on the online guides. Just look over the wheel availability beforehand. I love the characteristics of the 24" but the selection of wheel hoops is fairly limited.

Yep, I spend 5months planning and putting together a build then someone asks, "Where y'da buy it?" Crimmany

ducedave

Apr 17, 2011
Mentone Ca.
mm I wish I can weld but my bro magrider does the welding in the family. I can't lay a bead down if my life depended on it. But I will mention it to him and maybe you guys can exchange some labor services. Moneys tight for me right now and I'm not really looking to buy 24" wheels, spokes, and nipples until summer if I'm lucky.
dig up a hand full of nipples 14g.'s are okish and are used on just about every thing, I have a 24x1.5 alloy new galvy spokes $0.35 each x 36 < $15.00 and that's one wheel down

ducedave

Apr 17, 2011
Mentone Ca.
Good news bad news. I got my new front hub 36 spoke drum brake moped type.
now I have to build the wheel and I had just finished the other, 3+ days to get that right!!
THERE IS NO REST FOR THE WICKED
but it's shinny and should work well at the tr:-||ack

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
finger tighten all the spokes first. then do 2 at the valve stem, 2 opposite, 2 90 degrees away, and 2 opposite those.

repeat.

watch the spoke inside the nipple. if one side is poking out the back while the opposite side has plenty of threads left, loosen the tight ones, tighten the loose ones.

don't wait till it's tight to try to get the "hop" out of it.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
not my first rodeo just not the best with truing left to right isn't hard but keeping the wheel centered that's the trick....
:-||
After man invented the wheel, he invented the truing stand. A home made truing stand will certainly make the job alot faster and much less frustrating. Hang in there Dave, you know what to do.

dnut

ducedave

Apr 17, 2011
Mentone Ca.
After man invented the wheel, he invented the truing stand. A home made truing stand will certainly make the job alot faster and much less frustrating. Hang in there Dave, you know what to do.

dnut
I'm so looking foreword to seeing all of you guys because of words like 'hang in there' it helps t y !:-||

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Check out this video of Dave Rust's Rocket Car......
Zero to 60 mph in One Second.
the info on the U Tube video which says 6 seconds is incorrect.
The video only shows a partially powered launch due to the cul-de-sac
"drag strip." :D

http://youtu.be/aO9DjjOzi2E

Dave is going to run the Rocket at one of the Grange races as an
exhibition dragster down the front straight during the lunch break.

Dave Rust's brother Jim rode the #5 66 cc China 2 stroke to 2nd at
the last Oct 22nd Grange race right behind 1st place winner magrider.

The # 5 bike speed parts are available here and Dave will even make
you one of his water cooled heads!

Arrow Motorized Cycles is casting some very cool #1 plaques for the winners
at the next SoCal Motor Bicycle Race on Sat April 7th

Last edited:

ducedave

Apr 17, 2011
Mentone Ca.
that's bad AZZ dude - now just put the words "GRANGE BEAT DOWN" as the event name and you got something cool sounding like death race
I'll see you at the "beat down" and that way no one will know we're middle aged men goofing off !!!!
dance1dance1dance1

SoSauty

Feb 4, 2011
Bako, CA
Nashmoto;

Love the simplicity and just in time for me to order my racing T-shirt from Vista-Print.

Edit: OKiedokie, I'll try to be patient and hold off on the T-shirt.

Last edited: