Love the CNS carb

GoldenMotor.com

ex-28

May 23, 2010
winnipeg, Manitoba
i have had this happen to me 3 x times my bike averge speed is about 40 km/h but when i'm just about out of gas (have enough to ride about 2 min) my bike fly's at wot and does 49.3 km/h it literlly flys and runs just as smooth as if i had a full tank !

i was thinking maybe a richer mix in the verry last drops of the tank , or maybe its sucking more air , but if i try to adjust my air/fuel setting , no way can i make it run this smooth or as fast. it's really weird , i am on my 4th tank now for breakin running 32:1 and the ngk BP6HS plug with regular gas not high octane. 80cc engine from zoom and the cns carb.

Alson

May 16, 2010
Kankakee Illinois
I just put my CNS carb on, noticed I didnt have a intake gasket on it, so used black ultra sealent let it dry on a snug fit then in 5hrs I tightened it up, when I run it the idel runa real high, if I wate for 20 secends it gets lower rpm then dies, it starts up good doesen seem tu have alot of top end, still playing with it, going to go with a cardbord gasket, till the new one comesdance1

DudeZXT

Jun 20, 2010
Lexington, KY
Has anyone else had a problem using the Pirate Cycles ported billet intake and a CNS carb? If so how did you get around the clutch cable mount? And is it OK to twist the carb on the intake to clear the clutch cable and its mount?
I got the CNS carb from a guy who regularly sells them on eBay. The carb came with a black threaded stud with a hole in it and I finally realized that the stud is meant to replace the existing clutch cable guide. Fits perfectly together with the Pirate Cycles intake.

Talk about majorly improved throttle response! Haven't taken it over 20 because of break-in, but have read a bunch on here about a maximum break-in speed not being that important after the engine is warmed up. It's been rainy, so hopefully I can see how fast it goes tomorrow...

Here's some more info about the carb:
Assembly and operation manual
Java Cycles :: Carburetor Adjustment

ex-28

May 23, 2010
winnipeg, Manitoba
Has anyone else had a problem using the Pirate Cycles ported billet intake and a CNS carb? If so how did you get around the clutch cable mount? And is it OK to twist the carb on the intake to clear the clutch cable and its mount?
did you get the billet intake mounted on the cns carb all ok ? , would love to order one for my setup 80 cc form zoom , but worried about it not fitting , please post picks and info on how it worked out for you ! awaiting on responce b4 i order

Jun 7, 2010
on a bike
did you get the billet intake mounted on the cns carb all ok ? , would love to order one for my setup 80 cc form zoom , but worried about it not fitting , please post picks and info on how it worked out for you ! awaiting on responce b4 i order
Not yet I have to grind the carb clamp somemore. I will try to silicone it on after I grind on the clamp more. Ill take some pics to show you what Ive done.

Alson

May 16, 2010
Kankakee Illinois
Ive got the off set intake that comes with the CNS carb, it slows the engine down on top end. I added the slit warsher for the slide to keep the c-clip down, but still have a little ideal problem, but not as bad. Did the off set intake make you loose a little top end.wee.

ex-28

May 23, 2010
winnipeg, Manitoba
Ive got the off set intake that comes with the CNS carb, it slows the engine down on top end. I added the slit warsher for the slide to keep the c-clip down, but still have a little ideal problem, but not as bad. Did the off set intake make you loose a little top end.wee.

offset intake that comes with it ?

is the racing carb that zoom sells , the cns carb ?
maybe i missing somthing here , but i have the racing carb from zoom bicycles.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Interesting... apparently Zoom does sell the CNS as a "racing carb" and doesn't include the extended, offset intake like Spooky does...

Not to worry tho if yer carby fits as that intake is somewhat gommy, the CNS is a lil heavy and that intake a lil long, it'd make me worry about the intake studs & then there's the performance aspect - the shorter & straighter the intake, the better the performance. So if ya can get away w/o the offset intake - doo eeet ;)

This is the "mysterious" intake BTW (looks like Spooky is out of stock on the CNS tho);

Offset Intake Manifold

Still... "gommy" tho that intake may be - it's nice that it's available, I gave mine to a buddy for his NT carb, he had seat post tube clearance issues w/his mountain bike *shrug*

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Anyone know where to get a replacement air filter for the CNS carb? I swear I saw them somewhere but I can't find it again.
I think Spooky may be doing work to their site 'cause it's a lil hinky ATM, but they've got the "CNS Cone Air Filter" for $9 on this page, just no link - so mebbe call?
Aftermarket Upgrades for Motorized Bicycles

It's also somethin' I'd bet would b available at any motorcycle shop...

ex-28

May 23, 2010
winnipeg, Manitoba
ok so i;m kinda lost here now , with the cns carb you get from spooky you get the extended "z" intake ?

with zoom 80 cc kit you just get that standard intake with there engine ad you dont get another intake with the purchas of the racing cms carb.

are you saying that z shaped one is good ? or no , i thought the strighter and shorter the better ....

hnere is where i am at . i have stock intake from zoom that coes with there 80cc kits , and i have the cns carb

what i want is to order the pirate bullet intake from here Ported Billet Intake ( In Stock)

but on there page no option to ship to CANADA where can i order this from that ships to canada ? :)

but need to know if it fits on the cns carb and 80 cc from zoom :)

i am thinking this is the best intake setup , tho being new i am a lille confuzzeled now :)

Last edited:

Alson

May 16, 2010
Kankakee Illinois
My CNS carb is angeled up some what, I dont have alot of top end, I do have the Z intake on it. So now I thought to lower my c-clip, tryed to move it down, but couldent do it, so I looked at the stock needel c-clip , measured it and its down where I want it. But the CNS needel is tapered, and the stock one isent, anyway Im going to try it. Does anybody know why I lost top end, am I going in the wrong derection, Im going to order the bbillet intake, this mounthdance1

ex-28

May 23, 2010
winnipeg, Manitoba
arug was out in the rain other day stoped to eat and filter was bogged down with water , so i poped it off as it bogged down my bike and i poped it in my pocket , then i manadged to wipe out and sure enough i landed right on the air filter for my cns carb , and flattened as flat as a pancake !

where can i get a new air filter for the cns carb that zoom sells , i tried there site but it's not listed , i need shipping to canada :)