San Diego's 12th Group Ride

GoldenMotor.com

hawaii_87

San Diego's Master Ride Organizer
May 17, 2011
San Diego
Mission Beach to Coronado and back

SATURDAY - April 14th - MEET AT 10 a.m ROLL OUT 10:30 SHARP!!!.

Meet at the Belmont Park at the end of Ventura Pl.

This is going to be a 70 mile cruise.
For this trip we are cruising the coast south through Ocean Beach and Point Loma, around the bay to Imperial Beach and on to Coronado and back.
PLEASE WEAR HELMETS!!!!

Route Map:
San Diego's 12th Motorized bike rally - Google Maps
r.ly..we..shft.cvlt1brnot

Last edited:

hawaii_87

May 17, 2011
San Diego
.duh.Hey guys after your done racing come on out to a nice cruise around San Diego Bay to beautiful Coronado Island!!! We will be cruising through Mission Beach, Ocean Beach, Point Loma, along beautiful Sunset Cliffs down to skirt Shelter Island.

(MAXIMUM 1 MAI TAI ONLY haha)​

From there it's southbound past the airport to downtown and the Embarcadero. Then through the gritty Southbay past the shipyards, Navy base and railyards of National City. From there we cruise through the Chula Vista Bayfront down to the Saltworks. We round out the southern point of the bay to Imperial Beach where we will stop top off gas for those who need it and make a possible stop to the Tijuana Slough. Afterwards we cruise up the beautiful Silver Strand, between the Pacific Ocean and San Diego Bay, to Coronado Island and stop off at a bar, restaurant, pizza joint, or taco shop of choice for a pint and some food. Ride returns the same route.
Mostly flat terrain and some of the most stunning views along the coast make this route a local favorite and sure to become yours. Hope you can make it out. Especially would love to see some out-of-towners to see how we really do it in San Diego. Plenty of parking available. Lots of bike shops and gas stations along the route.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
All San Diego riders......there will be a pre-ride at Grange on the Saturday the 7th of April. It will most likely be the largest group ride you'll ever do and there is no speed limit and no police to interfere with this riding event. You will also see many, many of the coolest motorized bikes built on the planet. Come one or bring the whole family, there's free camping on Friday with a party under the full moon.

Event details:http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=36548

We'll see you on the 14th and also hope to see you on the 7th......Be There!

dnut

hawaii_87

May 17, 2011
San Diego
Scotto What time is the pre-ride???
Is it on the track, or on the streets surrounding the track???
What is requried to ride the pre-ride???

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
We will be pre-riding Friday night after dark under the full moon. Then again Saturday morning at 7:30am. All riding is on the track (unless you want to ride on the surrounding roads which are DIRT.....and dusty). All the info is in the link I posted above and the requirements are:

Required Safety Equipment:

A DOT helmet is required by California law to ride a gas powered
motorized bicycle or Moped on the streets.

DOT rated helmet or better like Snell. No bicycle helmets.
No novelty motorcycle helmets without DOT certification.
Eye protection.
Gloves. No bare hands.

Knee and elbow pads or full leathers or Motocross gear

Long pants, no shorts or exposed skin this time please.

Ankle covering footwear or boots.

It would be nice to see some of our San Diego local riders show up.......Pat and I will be there to represent and have a blast as Motorized Bicycling is here at it's finest type of event. Bike show, bike racing and riding at all levels....join the fun!

Again, here's the info: http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=36548

Be There!
dnut

Last edited:

Dbogue

Mar 7, 2012
Escondido
I'm hoping to make it out there this Saturday. New to the mb scene but having an absolute blast now that my bikes running! dance1 I'll post an intro in the appropriate section tomorrow if anyone wants to check out the bike and give me some tips.

Dbogue

Mar 7, 2012
Escondido
I was reading in the past group rides and saw some stuff said about a lot of people breaking down on the way because of having to be at WOT for 45min -1hr. Just wondering, how fast are you guys cruising at? I ride in the high 20's about everywhere I go, unfortunately it's about as fast as I am able ATM. Would I be able to keep up?

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I was reading in the past group rides and saw some stuff said about a lot of people breaking down on the way because of having to be at WOT for 45min -1hr. Just wondering, how fast are you guys cruising at? I ride in the high 20's about everywhere I go, unfortunately it's about as fast as I am able ATM. Would I be able to keep up?
Those were prolly 2-strokes that had little minor issues such as broken motor mounts, clogged carbs, leaking gas tanks and such. You'll be fine with your set-up as long as everything is tight and your bike is running fine. I'll be riding my bike with the same engine you are using, while mine is prolly faster, you should have no probs keeping up ;) We don't leave people behind on these rides unless they just plain break down. Even then you'll have all the support you need if its somthing simple, and it usually is. Bring your tool kit, patch kit, tire pump, CO2, spare tubes, folding tires and a spare engine if you're in doubt of completing the ride. A sag wagon would be nice, but it really isn't neccesary if you use your head. Carry a route (map) of the ride if your unfamiliar with the San Diego area.......help is usually a cell phone call away worst case scenario.

We do stop for gas and breaks as neccesary, so relax and enjoy the ride.......let's RIDE!

dnut

Dbogue

Mar 7, 2012
Escondido
Wow.. Thats quite a list of items to have. Might be just from inexperience.. But do you lug all of those things around with you when you go on long rides? (obviously not the motor) What's the CO2 for? It sounds like it will be a fun experience - can't wait.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Wow.. Thats quite a list of items to have. Might be just from inexperience.. But do you lug all of those things around with you when you go on long rides? (obviously not the motor) What's the CO2 for? It sounds like it will be a fun experience - can't wait.
CO2 is just to inflate flat tires, easier than pumping them up and no need for the pump then. No one carries all that stuff but you should be somewhat self sufficiant......bring some tools at least. Yes it will be fun, that you can count on!

.wee.

hawaii_87

May 17, 2011
San Diego
Yeah you'll have a blast. You'll be just fine. Just make sure you bike is tighten down and all bolts torque to spec and all exposed threads loctied or use some nail polish or paint if your running low on funds. There will be a Roadside Rescue Intercept Vehicle ('92 GMC 1500 lol) for the ride back. RRIV will be equipped with tie downs also. Chip in for gas please if you utilize this service. Bring basic tools for repairs and dinero for drinks. We will do our best to make sure we stay together in a pack. Weather calls for light drizzle in the morning till 9 am clear skies after that. Dress accordingly.

IN THE WORDS OF SCOTTO..................LETS RIDE!!!!

Tony Meier

Jan 14, 2010
Sun Diego
Thanks Scotto for the phone call "heads-up" for this ride! I'm looking forward to it; I haven't made the complete ride to Coronado -might have been the second Mai Tai thingy working on my brain. HA! Hope everyone shows up for this spectacular scenic extravaganza (thanks to Hawaii's superb planning work).

hawaii_87

May 17, 2011
San Diego
Hahaha Allright we got Tony on deck!!! Does anyone have a exhaust gastket for the HS 49cc motor. Mine shredded. PM me Please!!!