Betcha havent seen a cooler motorized bicycle film!

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Re: 'Betcha havent seen a cooler MB film! Watch our "Too much fun on Motorbikes" vide

Nice job on the video, bike looks and sounds super. I know you want the video to promote how fast and nimble the bike is, but there must be a way to do that in a different setting which does not kind of promote the idea of speeding in and out of traffic inviting law enforcement to intervene. Showing a speedometer, climbing hills, using country roads or a dirt track rack course you could accomplish the same message of the bike being nimble and fast without the outlaw image. And no helmets. If you're going to be promoting and dealing these bikes then there should be some responsibility on the dealer's part to also promote obeying laws and being safe. Showing what the bike can do is good, showing it in that setting isn't in my mind. Just a suggestion. You'll do what you want and have that right. I expect to be selling some bikes myself, not speedsters like yours, but it doesn't require a whole lot of speed to get hurt badly on a motored bicycle. I'd feel pretty bad knowing I sold a bike to somebody without also cautioning them about safe riding and then learn they got killed on one of my bikes.
You guys are very skilled and I wish you great success with your business.
SB

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine
Re: 'Betcha havent seen a cooler MB film! Watch our "Too much fun on Motorbikes" vide

Hmmmm,
Really cool video! I am an adrenalin junkie for sure, I really dig the speed of that Morini, but I guess I have a different perspective as I get older. When I was younger, I was the guy do'in the burnout in front of the Police station, thought nothin of it. Now, when I take the muscle car out, I have to do a dry run of the entire county before I stomp on it, even though it's a country road with no houses on it. I can see both sides, BUT, I tend to side with Silver on this one, it basically gives the LEO a darn good reason to pull over any MB they see. Besides, someone opens a car door, or one of the "Regular" bicycles swerves, I guarentee it's gonna HURT... Just my thoughts.

Mac

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.

Oh ya!!..... Ripping through public parks, racing down sidewalks, walking trails & beach bicycle paths; racing in & out of traffic & on the wrong side of the street; & all this while not wearing any helmets!?!?!? WTF?

That's really gonna get the police & local citizens to love our bikes! :rolleyes:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

I remember all the stories about what they went through in Arizona. To get there bikes on the streets. There regulated to the point down there to where the spandex crowed can peddle circle eights around them. Speed limit 20 miles an hour. They got very lucky to have there hobby! Had to fight for it too! Good luck on the business boss.

Just saying..

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada

Think if you keep doing that you are going to find that the cops never think it is as funny as you do.

Steve.

GoFastBicycles

Jul 29, 2008
West Point PA.

It is obvious this is the reaction they want SAY NOTHING & IT WILL GO AWAY.

Adam

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio

if you did that here, you'd be in the back seat of a squad car and the boys at the impound lot would be having lots of fun on your bikes. showing that side of motorbiking to the public is going to be our down fall.

CoastalCruiser

Apr 28, 2010
Spaced Coast

This is the second thread you've started regarding promotion of your product and it has elicited exactly the same response as the first one. Got a Clue yet?

broHSI

Jul 27, 2009
USA, CA

Morini makes great motors. Sifab is making the ultimate 50 cc motorized bicycle
that has the frame, suspension and brakes that the motor requires......

Slapping a 9.4 HP Morini on a cheap bicycle is kinda mickey mouse.

We will be wearing helmets and protective gear when test running this bike.

Attachments

nidyanazo

May 25, 2010
SoCal

Cool design, HSI!
My thoughts are it will be heavy. That looks like a 120LBS+ bike. And expensive to sell with even a small profit margin. Even then people will have to pay, what, $2000+ ?? And if you need a MC license to operate it just get a motorcycle that's way faster for the same price.
My goal is to produce something fast and fun, in the sub $1k range. That will compete with the $1k chinese vespa clones. And my bike is faster. Just not as comfy. But you can still peddle it.
And it still looks bicycle-ish, so it's stealthy like that haha. Just gotta find the perfect silencer to quiet it's scream down a few more dB's.

That one sure looks comfy, just not very racy. Bet it will cruise well though. I was surprised at how stable and easy mine rides, even as a rigid frame.
I took the bike from concept (see my design on my website, just working out a rear suspension, and already have the front on lock) to riding in a week. It's still an ongoing build you see. Great thing is it only weighs 62lbs fully gassed up.

We should race to see who's is better :)

And It's not a cheap bicycle, it is a Schwinn. Not the best but for $420 it seems like a good buy from an American company. (even though they outsource to china) What am I supposed to do to make it not "mickey mouse"? Use a $1000 frame? WTF? My bike is all about speed and efficient design. Classic race formula dude.

So how much is that bike going to sell for HSI?
The Morini alone is ~750 without a pipe...
And the strange thing is the only people I've encountered with negativity to our bikes are some folks in the internet. In real life when we went around filming not one person was angry with us. People stopped us and asked questions. Old folks smiled, cops just look and dont mind and little kids look wide-eyed.. Your MB experience may vary by city/state though.

broHSI

Jul 27, 2009
USA, CA

Cool design, HSI!
My thoughts are it will be heavy. That looks like a 120LBS+ bike. .
Really? the whole bike weighs about 60 lbs and the Morini 50 cc water cooled engine makes 12 HP. Custom made by Sifab, Simon is an old school expert panel beater.

What am I supposed to do to make it not "mickey mouse"? Use a $1000 frame? WTF? My bike is all about speed and efficient design. Classic race formula dude. .
Your motor mounts look like some kind of pipe strapping and you are using the chinese rubber rag set up to mount the sprocket....high HP and speed ups the requirements of all the components.

Attachments

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Not for nuton, I enjoyed the vid. Catchy tune and great editing.

nidyanazo

May 25, 2010
SoCal

Really? the whole bike weighs about 60 lbs and the Morini 50 cc water cooled engine makes 12 HP. Custom made by Sifab, Simon is an old school expert panel beater.

Your motor mounts look like some kind of pipe strapping....high HP and speed ups the requirements of all the components.
Ya the 9.4 air cooled and the 11.4 water cooled you guys are using both weigh 8.0kg- But there's the added weight/complexity of the rad, associated brackets, hoses, overflow container, etc.
I looked at the frame and thought it was something else, then went back and looked later and saw it was a mtn. bike frame with the bottom chopped. Clever design!

Aluminum frame then?
I'd love to know it's accurate weight!

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio

your business model dosen't seem very sound. if your paying $750 for the morini and $420 for the bike thats $1170, plus you still need a throttle assembly, chain and sprocket, an air filter and gas tank, not counting your time and over head. your all ready in the hole planing to sell for $1000. even if you get the morini for $600, which you can your still working for free. your going to need at least $1500 for them not to go broke doing it.
you've got a cool bike but all the hooligan antics will soon have you busted by the law and put a black mark against all motorbikers.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal

Sweet looking bike! I love the frame and design. Do you have a better/ closer pic?
I can't see if it has pedals. Since the motor is set low how wide are the cranks?

broHSI

Jul 27, 2009
USA, CA

Sweet looking bike! I love the frame and design. Do you have a better/ closer pic?
I can't see if it has pedals. Since the motor is set low how wide are the cranks?
Thanks, Simon is a old world craftsman that makes exotic car bodies and motorcycles.

The bike has pedals that are not installed in the photo.

Here is a pic of a motorcycle Sifab made for Cobra in 2004

Attachments

Last edited:

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal

Another cool machine. Does he have a website? I would love to see some of his work.
Thanks

spit_fire

Aug 28, 2009
Brampton

Hey Nidyanazo wats the top speed ur morini can hit and what sprocket r u using ???

Status
Not open for further replies.