Jets

GoldenMotor.com

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
arrghh, memory is failing fast - did all this years ago, and seems a 70 jet is .070mm & 68 is .068mm or somesuch

info is here somewhere about 2 or 3 years back

jMrL

Feb 25, 2016
Norfolk
Im having problems with my motor running without choke. It will completely stall out once i turn off the choke, No matter how long ive ran it. Jetting should fix this problem yes?

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
Maybe.

How's the spark plug look? Is the spark plug wire a good one, or the stock plastic piece?

Did this suddenly happen, or has it been like this? Or did it gradually get worse as it got broken in?

What fuel/oil mix are you using? How many miles are on it? Any other modifications?

jMrL

Feb 25, 2016
Norfolk
I haven't chcked spark plug, Stock wire, Just got the motor, Always been like that. No mods, 24:1 ratio

jMrL

Feb 25, 2016
Norfolk
whats a good way to tell if you have no leaks ( if you can't feel any ) around the head? I have read doing finger test on a pull start bike, but I was wondering whats a good method for a 2 stroke motorized bike engine. I have ordered a torque wrench and once that is here and i install my new manifold and gaskets, If this doesnt fix my choke problem. I am going to take the head off and reseat it and clean the gasket.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
I use a spray bottle to squirt water around the area - you'll hear motor change when the water plugs the leak.

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
I haven't chcked spark plug, Stock wire, Just got the motor, Always been like that. No mods, 24:1 ratio
This is the most perfect response ever!!

Throw out your spark plug. No, really. Throw that thing in the trash can. Go to an auto parts store and ask for an NGK B6HS spark plug.

Is the spark plug wire boot made of plastic, or is it rubber? If plastic, order a good rubber one from sickbikeparts.com. If the intake manifold is suspect for leaking, then find out where and why. At the flange? Where it meets the carb? They're prone to leaking at those spots. If you suspect it's where it meets the carb, then wrap a few layers of electrical tape around the junction tonsee if it seals better. If so, you can put an o-ring inside the carb to make it seal against the tube. It may just be a stupidly made carb where the four little tabs are cut too far down and it's just going to leak until you get a new carb.

You shouldn't need to redrill the jet right off the bat with a new engine. I've seen them run too rich, but never too lean.

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Im having problems with my motor running without choke. It will completely stall out once i turn off the choke, No matter how long ive ran it. Jetting should fix this problem yes?[/QUOTe

Are you sure your not turning the choke on and killing it, my friend had it mixed up first few times out and asked me the exact same question. its not like its labeled so a easy mistake on his part. Since the engines are pretty rich right out of the box many wont even start using the choke in full on position.
choke on up off down.

jMrL

Feb 25, 2016
Norfolk
so the choke open is " off " and choke closed is " on " I just made my longest ride yet on it, It didnt do to bad, I just wish i had more low end. Trying to start at a stop light is horrible. I have to pettle a few times to get it going good, Is this normal ?

I stopped at my local walmart, Picked up some high temp grease, carb cleaner, and sand paper for when my torque wrench comes in im going to take off the head polish the top and bottom, lubricate the gears, and torque down the head again. I may be having some problems their. My new manifold and studs will come in the same day. So i might see some difference than.

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
so the choke open is " off " and choke closed is " on " I just made my longest ride yet on it, It didnt do to bad, I just wish i had more low end. Trying to start at a stop light is horrible. I have to pettle a few times to get it going good, Is this normal ?
Correct. Sounds backwards, I know, but that's how you say it.

And yes you will have to pedal up to about 10 mph from a full stop. It isn't a motorcycle.

Tom

jMrL

Feb 25, 2016
Norfolk
lol :D well everythang is normal than, I dont know how fast im going yet, sense i dont have a speedometer I have heard of having these on your smart phones, Yet to try it out. Im not to familiar with " 4 stroking " But i believe i am getting this during half - full throttle, ANd after a min or two it will start to pick up speed a lil. and start doing it again.

My mix might still be to rich sense its my first gallon mixup. My next im going to go toward a 30-32:1

Do you guys recommend this or should i stick with 20-24:1 for another gallon?

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
Your local parts store will have them in stock. Amazon is charging 2x the price.

The b6hs-10 means the plug is pre-gapped to 1.0mm (0.039")

The pr plug has a recessed tip.

The one you want is the 7534.