gasbike.net

GoldenMotor.com

lenny9651

Apr 7, 2013
florida
i tried to buy an engine kit from gasbike, the site says the grubee superrat priced at $189 is out of stock but they will substitute a grubee skyhawk kit for a discounted price of $149. but when i try to order it online it charges $189, i called and they say that it's not discounted( even though the site clearly says it is.) so this is a warning to everyone here of the deceptive practices of gasbike.net. they also own kings motorbikes and zone8 cycling.

i will not be doing any more business with them and i reccomend that anyone who chooses to buy from them do so with extreme caution!!

whipaway

Mar 15, 2013
NY
Re: WARNING!!! gasbike.net rip off!

Yes, there are a myriad of posts in this forum regarding Gasbike, many with similar feelings as yours.

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
Re: WARNING!!! gasbike.net rip off!

The Super Rat has never gotten EPA certification so they were never imported to the US (legally) in any significant quantity. Apparently it costs 10's of thousands of dollars to get the EPA certification and nobody has shelled out the $$, so I wouldn't expect to get one any time soon. They are selling currently in other countries however...

I just looked at their website and unless they have changed it there is no deception, perhaps confusion. The price listed for the Super Rat is $229, when you click Add to Cart the next page tells you that the Super Rat is out of stock and you will get a GT5 for $40 less. The price on THIS page is shown as $189, which IS $40 off the price listed for the Super Rat, so I don't understand the problem? Their listed price for the 2012 GT5 they are substituting is $199, so that is a $10 discount from that price as well..

Last edited:

donphantasmo

Oct 3, 2010
Middleburg, FL
Lenny. When I got here to this forum first, I asked who and what to stay away from. Them important thing I remember is that people all had one thing in common. Stay away from Kings/gasbike. 99% do not think they are good business.

That was enough for me. I paid a few extra bucks to deal with piston bikes. I receied support every time I called. I was Happy with that.

This is a HUUUUUGE forum. A lot of information is exchanged here. Do your research. Know who to buy from, and who to avoid, so you can not make a financially costly mistake.

Hpe all works out well!!

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
That's the funny thing, I had a terrible time with BikeBerry, they said they had a kit in stock, I even called them, for weeks and weeks they strung me along, no kit. Finally they agreed to refund my money, but it didn't happen until I waited a week and called them back again.

After that I decided to order from GasBike, they shipped my kit really fast and I've been really happy with it. I've made a few other orders from them which went the same.

Both these situations are a couple years old now, so perhaps these companies have gotten better or worse in customer service in recent years. But at the time (of my first purchase) I inquired here and was warned off GasBike, but frustration with BikeBerry sent me their way and I cannot complain about the service I've gotten on my 3-4 orders from them....

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
That's the funny thing, I had a terrible time with BikeBerry, they said they had a kit in stock, I even called them, for weeks and weeks they strung me along, no kit. Finally they agreed to refund my money, but it didn't happen until I waited a week and called them back again.

After that I decided to order from GasBike, they shipped my kit really fast and I've been really happy with it. I've made a few other orders from them which went the same.
You should NOT buy from gasbike, it is causing a raise in my prices!

Nationwide Access (gasbike/kings) is just the ONLY US importing distribution center for the EPA 2010+ approved YaunDong Gas Engine Factory 2-stroke engines in China that makes the Grubee Skyhawk 2-stroke engine kits.

It was different when Don Grube did distribution but after ponying up the $10+K to get them approved he retired and sold off and all Nationwide does for the most part is move boxes.

If you buy a post 2010 Skyhawk the reseller bought it from gasbike and marked it up for the customer service and of course to make a profit which is the purpose of being in business.

I don't dink with all the E-bay or whatever kits as I like the constant improvement the YD factory does and the quality of the SKyhawk kits so that's what I use, and I've bought a couple in the last 3 years...

That order history goes down another 2 screen fulls but you get the idea.

Problems with them? Sure, but they are few and far in between and always get handled.

They are NOT the distributor for you if you want your hand held through every step and exactly why I won't sell engine kits as I don't want to talk to rookies half the day for a $20 kit markup.

But, if you know what you are doing and just want something out of the box likely to be good quality they have treated me well and yet to see a ~$200 delivered kit of better quality.

BUT AGAIN...

You should NOT buy from gasbike, it is causing a raise in my prices!

I was snagging 66's for $149 delivered for awhile and now it's over $200 again.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Rather not say.....
Someone who saw the small pile of kits that were left in their warehouse.

Gasbike is not spending the money to get the 2013 EPA for the motors.

They will be selling some brand of kit but not SkyHawks.
I wonder what changed between 2010 EPA and 2013 as the 2010 EPA was good through 2012.

The 2-stroke engine kits that come from the YuanDong factory are the most reliable best built 'cheap' kits I have ever seen so I can't see them closing off the US market for them.

Maybe Nationwide doesn't want to dink with them but considering all the other crap that didn't even get 2010 EPA is still available in the US today some source is bound to get them here but the MAIN question still remains unanswered...

What EXACTLY changed and WHY because as far as proof goes the slow boat from China could be late and it will be business as usual when they get here with a big sale.
I hope so.

Last edited:

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
A certain old timer says most HT 2T kits slip in through certain ports because people know people and people listen to people for certain reasons. I really don't know the details.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
A certain old timer says most HT 2T kits slip in through certain ports because people know people and people listen to people for certain reasons. I really don't know the details.
Hmm, food for thought seeings to how US customs are only interested in Drugs and Illegals at my border but certainly nothing to discuses in a public forum.

I am all for the EPA keeping an eye on our water and air as I for one don't want to see my kid grow in a polluted world but nit-picking a little power plant does so much with so little pollution for our needs irritates me when the money spent to fund the EPA to fight little engines would have been far better served funding the Forest Service to prevent forest fires.

Pick any fire in the news, that one fire dumped more carbon into the air than every motorized bicycle with a little 2-stroke has produced in 100 years.

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
I used to email Don Grube in China from time to time but it's been a few years now, so I am a bit in the dark as to where he is in this situation (retired and out of the game or not?) I know back then I heard over and over "two stroke kits will be gone soon", so far it hasn't come to pass and so I tend to believe the situation remains the same today. As for GasBike causing a rise in price, I couldn't really make sense of that argument. I mean, if they spend 10's of thousands on EPA certification they need to recoup that money in sales don't you think? They did corner the market on Skyhawks because they were the ones to pony up the cash for the certification, if they hadn't then the kits wouldn't be here at all. So it seems the EPA bureaucracy is responsible for the hike in price ultimately. If in fact they are not going to make investments in future certifications my guess is someone else will step in and fill the void, there seems to be enough interest in these kits in the USA to do a decent business. Whether that means someone will invest in getting Skyhawks over here or more back door channels for non EPA approved kits will be explored IDK, but my guess is kits will get over here somehow....

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I used to email Don Grube in China from time to time but it's been a few years now, so I am a bit in the dark as to where he is in this situation (retired and out of the game or not?)
Well Angel is Don's Chinese wife and listed as a contact on the web site.
http://www.grubeeinc.com/USA/SkyHawk.htm

The date of 9/12/2012 seems to be when the last update was made and just over a year ago and come to think of it the motor plate date of the last dozen or so Skyhawks I have had in other than this newest 48cc which has an 11-20-2012 date was September of 2012.

I can't make heads or tails of the EPA web site and really just have time to research it.

Turbo

Aug 29, 2013
los angeles
Gasbike.net just launched a new complete bicycle 66cc / 80cc engine program for $128.61 FREE shipping!!! It looks like a great deal. They are selling all of the parts that you need to build a motorized bicycle.

dovedescending

Jul 7, 2013
Georgia
Turbo I don't see that on their website. What I do see is that all the 2 stroke kits are listed as discontinued and the website keeps routing me to the 4 stroke kit or the parts page... Ominous...

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
It is ontheir homepage and also under 2 stroke bicycle engine category on the left hand side of their website.
I can't believe I didn't notice Add to Cart under the big exploded view of a full kits parts on the front page of gasbike.net

When you order that it fills your cart with every part listed separately and then gives you a 65% discount.

WARNING! Do NOT try to remove any of the 27 parts, even the crap you really don't want or need like the sprocket puller (I have like 40 of them) as when it deletes the part it recalculates the whole order, the %65 off will not apply, and the price jumps to well over $300!

I ordered one ($128.61 delivered) and if the engine comes in parts so be it, it will give me a chance to do some port cleaning but dinking with bearings and having to install the magneto as well as many other things I'd just as soon not spend time on may or may not make it a good buy.

It has an NT carb which is disappointing to me for a 66cc as the CNS's worked well for me on the 66cc but what the heck, $128.61 beats the heck out of the $245.52 I just spent Monday for a 2012 SKyhawk kit.

I'll let ya know what shows up next week because as far as I know it may be a regular kit in disguise as replacement parts only ;-}

Last edited:

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Go figure, from my status e-mail.

---------------- ORDER PROGRESS ---------------------------------

Hello
We are currently on back order of the All Parts Set. We are expecting your order to be shipped out by next Friday Sept 27th and will send you a tracking number once it is shipped. We thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions or concerns please call (877)354-3733. Thank You

----------------- ORDER DETAILS -----------------------------------

Order Status..................Incomplete (on hold)
Order Date....................Sep 19, 2013; 07:39am PDT
Order Number..................GasBike77510
Terms and Conditions..........Agreed
Payment Method................PayPal
Payment Status................Completed

Subtotal..............................$367.45
Applied Discounts....................-$238.84
Tax (USA: 0%)...........................$0.00
Shipping (30.95 lbs)....................$0.00
GRAND TOTAL...........................$128.61

Shipping Method: FedEx Ground Business

---
Good thing I don't need a 66 right now but maybe a sign of things to come?

Turbo

Aug 29, 2013
los angeles
Great! I just placed an order for 5 of each part!!! I am very excited :)) a group of riders that I know tell me that Gasbike is good on their word on shipping dates that they promise!

Good luck!

Scott.D.Lang

Jan 1, 2013
Chicago
the more I read about this the more Im glad I just go Dax. Also the only skyhawk engine Ive seen on a bike did not impress me when I road it.