SUPER URGENT!!!!! My job is on the line!!!

GoldenMotor.com

FulChevy89

Mar 10, 2013
florida
I think my coil pack has burned out. This morning on my way to work, the engine (for lack of a better term) mini-seized three times. It fired back up immediately like it was just a hiccup the first two times. The third time it was like someone threw on the breaks and I almost went over the handle bars. The chain still turns so I don't think it is seized, but when I let go of the clutch the only thing that happens is it gets hard as **** to pedal. Last time when I was having trouble with it getting fire I could still hear the compression through the muffler but now not a sound. My job is on the line because this is my only source of transportation and I've only been given one day to get it fixed. I've tried calling small engine shops around town but that can't do any thing for me unless they have a brand or serial number which this engine has neither written on it. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP.

:-||

Risingsunn

Nov 24, 2012
Maricopa Arizona
So have you tried to move the head and the jug to see if there is any visible internal damage? What is the size of the engine? How many miles do you have on it? Was it making any noise before it died? What oil ratio are you running?

Right now you really need to take things apart and see what is going on. An issue like this sounds like either a bearing failure somewhere or something is sticking between the piston and the cylinder.

Anyway around it, more than likely unless you have a dealer down the street, or a lot of spare parts, this is not going to be a quick fix.

I hate to be so blunt but you should really have an alternate form of transportation for situations such as these. China girls are not known for high reliability.

Last edited:

FulChevy89

Mar 10, 2013
florida
I have not done a thing because I don't want to risk messing anything up worse than it is, I know absolutely nothing about these things other than how to make it go. I believe it is a 66cc with a couple hundred miles. No worries on the bluntness I know I need another vehicle but this is all I have until I can afford a car.

Risingsunn

Nov 24, 2012
Maricopa Arizona
Dig into it my friend. If you plan on running one of these for more than a few hundred miles you will need to learn how to work on them. I don't have any specific posts, but there is more than enough info on this board to help you rebuild it from the ground up if needed.

I would start by taking the head and cylinder off and see what you can find for damage in those areas.

LOL, by the way how CAN it be worse than it is? Not running is about as bad as it gets!

Last edited:

Risingsunn

Nov 24, 2012
Maricopa Arizona
Use the wonderful search feature at the top of the forums. Go into some of the different sections and look at post titles. Most of what you need to learn right now, are in sticky posts at the top of different sections. We will help you troubleshoot the issue but we won't spoon feed you info.

Toadmund

Jan 19, 2012
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
Now this is a long shot, but I have a problem like yours maybe, it would stall with major engine braking, and it wouldn't idle, and It would keep stalling.

I looked over my bike and discovered that my air filter was pretty dirty, I Swished some varsol with my air filter in a jar and then it looked like new.
I haven't taken my bike out yet to see if it was the problem, but I feel pretty confident that was the problem.

Sorry, took my bike out, still bogging and stalling, don't know what the problem is.

Last edited:

Risingsunn

Nov 24, 2012
Maricopa Arizona
There is a chance that could be it, but if there is any internal damage you wouldn't want to try to run the engine and possibly aggravate anything that has already happened.

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
Just an fyi...if you pull the lid on one of these engines, just make sure the area around it is clean. Other than that, you can't mess up one by pulling the head on it. I've done it to mine many times to check carbon build up.

The nuts are likely 13mm.

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
Take your time, have a large table to work on, follow the instructionals you find here, and you may be surprised how much you'll learn! Every question you'll have has been answered, some with excellent step by step videos! You don't know what your doing, and it'll feel like that while you're working, always does to me:) but act carefully and trust the information you find here. If you get stuck, or want to verify the veracity of some point of instruction, ask these people- they'll help you out. Hang in there man!
Worst case scenario- you'll have to remove your engine, and pedal to work if other tranport is unavailable.
You can do this...(^)(^)(^)

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
If worse comes to worse alway's alway's have a backup engine, the reason these engines are so inexpensive is that they are disposable!

I want you to know that I'm feeling for yah, as my first motor assisted bicycles were powered with the 2-stroke bicycle engine kit's, I eventually decided to go with 4-stroke engines for the reliability.

I hope you get your engine problems solved best of luck to yah!

C.H.