Adjustable JackShaft by CCC/WCC

GoldenMotor.com

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
This is my design on an adjustable jackshaft so the motor can be centered in the frame. The drive gear can be aligned to the back wheel by sliding the gear on the shaft then spacers can be put back in to keep everything tight. The shaft is drilled and tapped with custom aluminum washers on the ends to keep it all together. I like to run it open but made this cover to keep the legs safe. So far I have run this on a couple bikes and it works great.

Attachments

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
That. Is. Beautiful! Seriously a great looking jackshaft,especially since it bolts right up. Looks like it works at multiple angles/engines?

Now I want one!

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
the thing thats cool is you dont need extra mounting hardware for a 3rd bearing on the seat post downtube
glenn

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I got my jackshaft from Jeff yesterday. I posted about it in my thread, but I want to post here too. I got the jackshaft and a kick-a$$ cover for $200 shipped to PA. Totally worth it in my opinion. I see this gearbox as a true contender with the Q-Matic. I could tell right out of the box this thing is built for reliability. Nice clean welds, adjustable chain alignment, flange bearings on the jackshaft and machine washers holding everything together. Very solid. The cover is extremely nice as well, and makes it look very much like a motorcycle gearbox, which I personally love, because it definitely adds to the look I'm going for. All in all, this gearbox is top-notch, made in America quality. I would say that this gearbox and the $50 I spent on a pair of K10 forks are the two most sound investments I have ever made on motorbike parts, as they will last decades with proper installation and maintenance. I feel like I can't say enough about this gearbox. If you're even remotely interested in the possibility of trying the new best thing, get this gearbox.

CoolCruiser

Jun 15, 2012
Massachusetts
Very nice solid design, I saw this or something like it on your dyno build thread. The bolt holes don't allow any adjustment for tension of the jackshaft chain, how do take care of that?
So are you going to sell these or are you just teasing us?

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Very nice solid design, I saw this or something like it on your dyno build thread. The bolt holes don't allow any adjustment for tension of the jackshaft chain, how do take care of that?
So are you going to sell these or are you just teasing us?
I did run one of these on my Dyno due to the width of the rear tire. It worked out great.

I have found that you are able to run the chain with little adjustment from the size of the mounting hole and a larger washer. Since running jackshafts on a couple bikes I have found that the chain works better with play in it, what kills that aluminum sprocket is a chain too tight and lack of good chain lube.

I do plan to make them on a as needed item. That chain cover took some work and time tho...lol

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
i wasted alot of time waiting for the kart one. and then i had to re-work the whole thing to get something less than C.C.C.'s. next time i'll use jeff's and be alot happier and have a better product. dennis