Custom wheel building

GoldenMotor.com

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Need a wheel built? I can help you out. There are a ton of choices out there that are pre-built. However sometimes you just cant find exactly what you need- If you find yourself in need of a custom built mb wheel give me a PM.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
I do not wrap and solder spokes. Some people feel it helps- I do not. A properly built wheel for a mb, that is built correctly shouldnt need this. Its just a matter of building it correct with parts that will hold up to mb use. My zip is 02360.
Ive gotten a couple pms about building wheels for people and here is how it would work.
1. PM me and give me as much info about the wheels you need. Ie: rims, spoke ga., coaster hub, drum hub..etc
2. If you dont have the parts already I can source them for the best price.
3. I will quote a price and you have the parts shipped to me.
4. I will correctly build your wheel with Stainless spokes and ship the wheel off to you.
Things to note.
I wont build an unsafe wheel- such as a wal mart bike rim with a coaster brake hub for a 212hf with 14 ga spokes
Shipping wheels is expensive- It would be cost prohibitive for all involved to ship wheels intl. I may also reccomend a wheel builder that is closer who does good work to save you shipping. The last set of wheels I shipped to Ca. cost 60.00 to ship.

Last edited:

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I'm planning to secure my spokes with zip ties where they cross. I know its not the most proper way to strengthen a wheel, but I can't afford a custom wheel on top of all the other parts I need, and the spokes just have a little too much flex for my liking. So I plan on buying a 100 pack of zip ties and using 2 or 3 ties at each spot where the spokes cross. I'll keep an eye on the zip ties once the bike is all put together to make sure they aren't coming apart or breaking. I know guys that put zip ties on their motorcycle wheels, so it should help at least somewhat.