wanted- two lower ends

GoldenMotor.com

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
I am looking for two china doll lower ends, just cases and crank. I do not need the pistons or the jugs, no coil. If you had a motor blow a crank bearing, this is what im looking for. I got a project in mind, and i need a few cases and cranks to play with. let me know what you got, thank you

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
He's Plotting. World domination by Mutant China Dolls, I know the truth. Be afraid, very afraid!

skitchfish

Oct 27, 2010
Michigan
I have two for you, but when you get done cutting the case reed intake into them i want one back! HaHA! LOL Seriously give me a pm, I have a couple. I think i still have your address from piston deal.

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
nope, i dont want to get hopes up in case it fails, if it works tho, lol.

Moon...i understand that, but what if someone else has thought of or tried your idea and has worked out the kinks you have yet to encounter? I'm keeping an eye open and ready and willing to help you research and find one off or spare this and that...

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
What im trying to do has been done before, just in a different way, and it wasnt cost effective for him. Im trying a different approach to see how it works out. worst that can happen is i waste some time and ruin a couple cases.

Tool Maker

Oct 28, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
Do you know how they work? 3 cylinders, 6 pistons and 1 crankshaft.
Exactly. Along with six rocker arms & a blower. Fairly rare in the US however. I always wanted one to go with my 2 stroke Saab.

A single cylinder knocker laid out BMW style about 100cc should do the trick...

B.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
TM, I used to love the sound of them at rest, moaning and gurgling sensuously, followed by that harmonic BUAAARRRPPP!!!, the whistling sigh as the power is off for the change up. Frankly, I don't know or care how effective or efficient they were, it was theatrical in a way nothing today is allowed to be.

Here's a home brew somebody built here a few years ago:

3 ton Austin chassis, Cadillac axle, bodywork recycled from other old boy panels, I forget what the wheels were off.

Tool Maker

Oct 28, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
Ludwig:

2 stroke diesels have a tune all their own, and the knocker has it's own twist on that.
I have had some odd stuff along the way. I put an F5L912 Deutz in an Econoline van in the 70's. It had an odd purr, and you could see the drive belts running behind the grille.
I have been looking for a daimler 4.5L V8 for a while, but since they only made about 1100 Majestic Major cars, I think I will be looking for a lot longer. I have a nice 1965 Barracuda I would stuff that little daimler in - then I would have a "Hemi" in the Cuda without trying to cram a big block in there.

B.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
There was a drag racing team here years back that tried the 4.5 and it was fragile. They then started on the 2.5 Turner engine, and got it up to silly outputs without going bang anything like as much.

Have you looked at Mercedes or BMW engines? They might do one that fits.