Z2-80 and X-80

GoldenMotor.com

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
I bought a Z2-80BK to use on my OP Roller and thus far that thing exceeds my expectations after reading hundreds of post regarding these china engines. Mine runs very smooth...is fairly quiet and produces very little vibration. It may blow up tommorow and I wiull be on here saying something different, but as of right now I am very happy with the BGF Z2-80BK.

My father n law has taken an interest in maybe building a motorized bike so I thought I would probably order the same engine for him as I use myself since I have thus far had very good luck. However after going back and looking at the fleabay retailers.....I have noticed the BGF does not have the same engine he sold me and it is now the X-80 these retailers are selling. So I am curious if there is anyone on this forum who has had experience using both of those engines and is there a nickles worth of difference between the two?

I may have to check out a few of the sponsors of this site like Dax or Piston Bikes, but I just figured since I had good luck so far with the engine kit I got from BGF I would return as a customer since he has givin me nothin but good reasons to order from again, but hate to order a different model kit that may be less reliable then the one I bought.

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
I also got to wondering if the model number designation of an engine might not be near as important as what China factory actually built the engine? I am a complete newbie to motorized bikes, but I have flown RC for many many years and am very familiar with 2 stroke china engines in general and know from experience that not all china engine factories produce products using the same standards. The engine factory that made my Z2-80BK is the Nantong Jiall Engine Factory......so maybe what I am really looking for is another 80/66 built from that particular factory since I am certain there are many china engine factories that build these engines.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Did your motor have the name of a factory on it? I sent BGF a message asking if their Z80 was a Flying Horse motor but no reply.

I think the X80 might be a Red Bat motor but not sure.

From what I've read even getting any two motors of the same brand to feel the same is luck.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I also got to wondering if the model number designation of an engine might not be near as important as what China factory actually built the engine? I am a complete newbie to motorized bikes, but I have flown RC for many many years and am very familiar with 2 stroke china engines in general and know from experience that not all china engine factories produce products using the same standards. The engine factory that made my Z2-80BK is the Nantong Jiall Engine Factory......so maybe what I am really looking for is another 80/66 built from that particular factory since I am certain there are many china engine factories that build these engines.
That answered one question. That's not Flying Horse. They probably call it a Z to make people think it is. Not that that really matters for much of anything.

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Did your motor have the name of a factory on it? I sent BGF a message asking if their Z80 was a Flying Horse motor
QUOTE]

Yes...the BGF Z2-80 has a sticker on the side plate that says it was built by Nantong Jiali Gasoline Engine Factory. My engine is the Z2.....so it may indeed be made at a different factory then the previous Z model, but I don't know. All I know is the Z2-80 I got has impressed me after lowering my expectations when reading heaps of post on what to expect from one of these china 2 strokes. Maybe mine just hasn't shown its ugly head yet?LOL

Last edited:

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Here are some various factories I looked up that build these china engines
Nantong Jiali Gasoline Engine Factory____________ My Z2-80BK from BGF
Jiangdu Flying Horse Gasoline Engine Factory
YongKang Fali Machinery Factory
Wuyi Tiandi Motion Apparatus Co.
Hangzhou Guanhao Bicycle Industrial Co.
Jiangdu Woodpecker Gasoline Engine Factory
Sunway Industry
Changzhou China Gas Export
Zhangjiagang Faygo
Zhuj Jiyang Automotive Brake Factory
YuanDong Gas Engine Factory__________________Grubee SkyHawk

Just to name a few.LOL What also interest me is what each factory is whole selling these for. The higher wholesale prices kinda tell me there is probably more put into production, better paid labor and hopefully better quality control. I also don't mind seeing one of my fellow Americans making their fair share in reselling at retail.

Bicycle Engine-Bicycle Engine Manufacturers, Suppliers and Exporters on Alibaba.com

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Here are some various factories I looked up that build these china engines
Nantong Jiali Gasoline Engine Factory
Jiangdu Flying Horse Gasoline Engine Factory
YongKang Fali Machinery Factory
Wuyi Tiandi Motion Apparatus Co.
Hangzhou Guanhao Bicycle Industrial Co.
Jiangdu Woodpecker Gasoline Engine Factory
Sunway Industry
Changzhou China Gas Export
Zhangjiagang Faygo
Zhuj Jiyang Automotive Brake Factory

Just to name a few.LOL What also interest me is what each factory is whole selling these for. The higher wholesale prices kinda tell me there is probably more put into production, better paid labor and hopefully better quality control. I also don't mind seeing one of my fellow Americans making their fair share in reselling at retail.

Bicycle Engine-Bicycle Engine Manufacturers, Suppliers and Exporters on Alibaba.com
Nice list. Be good to also identify what they call their motor's if anything.

What kind of motor is that?

It's a Woodpecker lol

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Nice list. Be good to also identify what they call their motor's if anything.

What kind of motor is that?

It's a Woodpecker lol
What's that new engine you bought?

I got a, Throbbing Pecker Head.

I know but what kind of new engine did you get? LOL

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
It would be nice to be able to identify which engine factories are producing which engines. I think a pattern would develop over time that would show which china engine factories try to produce the best and worst products if we were able to put a factory name next to each engine model when we are saying good or bad things about it. Of course I am also fairly certain that multiple factories probably produce the very same engine with the same model number, but if we could start focusing more on what factory a engine is made in when we have good or bad things to say...rather then just saying model XYZ -001 is no good. I wan't to know which factory built the lemon.

Dr. Dognuts

Apr 10, 2011
Down Under, adl
Great links thanks. I'm seriously thinking of ordering 5 at US$70-80 each. Great value for the full kit, and a heap of spare parts. Less than 2 weeks for delivery sounds a bit optimistic, going from China to Aus, but you never know

SmokerX

Dec 10, 2008
Austin
Most of these, perhaps all, are fly by night trading companies middle manning between the actual factory or other middle men. Looking at some of the thumbnail sized product pics from this list, some are very low quality compared to happy times. Probably manufactured for export to cash in on these 50-100 minimum orders versus factories that hold a domestic share.

Putting factory in their name means nothing. Even if they offered you a factory tour; You would see the factory sign as indecipherable scrawls and trust your middle man that you where at the "insert middle man business" factory that never existed. This reassures you the best possible deal since it's direct from the source. Although giving a factory tour would lead you to a town solely devoted to MB engine manufacture and possibly allow you to explore the options.

There's 5 billion people in China; half of them drive a motorized bicycle. You want a one time order of less than 50. There's no incentive for loyalty. If it had a product name you couldn't read it.

The only realistic options are to order 1 unit minimums for quality control or fly over there and hold their hand the entire process, hands on quality control until you watch your units load into the cargo ship so you know exactly what you`re getting and no bait and switches occur. I may sound crazy but this is how it works with chinese manufacturing. Even Chinese admit everyone trying to hustle you is a fact of life.

BOYGOFAST

Sep 28, 2013
Citrus Springs Fl.
Smooth at lower rpm but unlikely the 66 your talking about is dynamically better than any of them basic engines are all the same with perhaps one exception I don't doubt that someone may have corrected a few of these engines but it appears the little 66 cc has more stroke than it should making it much less stable at higher rpm..

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Smooth at lower rpm but unlikely the 66 your talking about is dynamically better than any of them basic engines are all the same with perhaps one exception I don't doubt that someone may have corrected a few of these engines but it appears the little 66 cc has more stroke than it should making it much less stable at higher rpm..
actually the smoothest running engines I have are the longest stroke that these are made @40mm

I also have several 38mm stroke engines and the ones I have built and running aren't as smooth as the longer stroke engines that I bought from thatsdax before he went to selling the 38mm stroke engines, but what you're overlooking is that the what makes many of these engines have bad vibes is that the counterweights on the crank wobble because the crank is just untrue, just that one thing alone being corrected will make a noticeable difference.