Can I BUY a ported/polished jug and modified piston ?????

GoldenMotor.com

abefroman

Sep 13, 2013
new orleans
I found a modified piston that Jake's sells for like $20. I'll probably buy it. has anyone used this piston ?

I could probably do the work myself, but for 20 bucks I'll go ahead and buy it.

Now for the Jug --- Does anyone sell a ported / polished cylinder ??? cheap ???

Cheers

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Not cheap, but Arrow sells ported cylinders.
Nothing like what you're looking for. Race parts for budget-free builders.

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
Abefroman,
What do you consider cheap?
What crank do you have?
What revs do you want it to do?
What piston will you be running?
What mods does your piston have?
Do you know what port timing you want?
I'm not trying to be smart, I am upgrading a couple of my not even run in motors at the moment and have a barrel here for a GT5 38mm crank, the barrel has been ported beyond my cranks capability's and well the crank is a lemon!
I thought about having it rebalanced, but why spend money on ****.
This has been nicely ported and polished, I forget the exact timing, but can check for you if your interested.
But how much are you willing to pay? Shipping from Oz won't be cheap, But if anyone else is interested?
Make a bid.

abefroman

Sep 13, 2013
new orleans
cheap is $60 or so
everything is stock from a kit from rose326a on ebay
I'm actually mostly interested in low end torque... not as much about high revs
I'd buy the cut down piston from Jake's for $20
dont know anything about port timing.
I'm basically looking for someone to do the work that I could probably do myself but just dont want to. I'd rather buy a jug / piston from someone who knows what they are doing.

sublunacy

Sep 12, 2013
ontario
im testing a true trail port with true cylinder induction and reed this weekend. im the man w a real offroad bike. The reed kit has been tested since november.

jaguars porting instructions leaves everyone with a motor that hates being loaded beyond light loads and falls flat on its face constantly.

hence the need a for a torque/ trail port.

im only working with the 40mm intakes since im a canadian.

Last edited:

massdrive

Oct 3, 2013
Las Vegas
I'm gonna get a lot of flack for this from Jake's buddies, but I have to speak up. I purchased an upper end kit from Jake's that included a ported jug and I was completely disappointed with the work. Looked like it was ported with hammer and chisel. I had to re-work all the ports myself anyway, and the intake manifold too! He wrote a note on the invoice that said, "If you would have bought your frame from me I may have given you better service". Truth...

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
I'd do it your self,
I've put a lot of time in to my jugs, that I couldn't charge properly for, besides how do you know what your getting, if you don't even understand what port timing you want?
My experience is a 40mm stroke will give you a lot more low down grunt than 38mm so start there.

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
I'm gonna get a lot of flack for this from Jake's buddies, but I have to speak up. I purchased an upper end kit from Jake's that included a ported jug and I was completely disappointed with the work. Looked like it was ported with hammer and chisel. I had to re-work all the ports myself anyway, and the intake manifold too! He wrote a note on the invoice that said, "If you would have bought your frame from me I may have given you better service". Truth...
...sounds like he has the wrong idea on how to build a business :rolleyes: A few bad reports in a place like this will kill a new business. Guy might think rudeness to one customer won't effect things but with the interwebs that's all it takes these days. I know now to not get anything from Jake and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Hammer and chisel? And I thought my 40 grit sanding drum and nail file was bad ;)