What are the run and cool down times?

GoldenMotor.com

xlander

Dec 12, 2014
az
I have the 4cycle 7g kit.

Just wondering whats the run and cool down times. I have run it for long periods already. I am just wondering if I am killing it prematurely.

xlander

Dec 12, 2014
az
I thought as much thanks.

I usually idle it for about a minute or two before riding. Depending on the air temp.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Hi
Run times are as long as you are moving the engine will not over heat , it's only if it's not run in or going slow or at idle for long times , as for cool down as long as you can put your hand on the engine like the barrel or head it is more than cool down to ride .
Happy Cruising.
Laza
It's a Huasheng 50 cc 4 stroke that is a Honda GXH 50 clone.

They are made to be stationary motors complete with a full shroud
and fan. Designed to sit out in the sun running all day long and not
moving at all.

If the shroud was removed your advice would be valid.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
OK
That's one way at looking at it but you should never let an engine idle with out a load for more than a few minutes at any one time as it will glaze the bore and cause underdrew wear in the engine which will lead to overheating and a ceased engine.
So this is why you should threat it like a air cooled engine as it is to get the most life out of your engine , fan or no fan .
Really? Lol.
Better tell that to the THOUSANDS of motors that sit and idle for hours at a time on all sorts of stationary equipment.
This is not 1903 you know...motors have come a long way.
Just like 16:1 in a two stroke.
It's simply wrong.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
still the old splash system not so advanced? Yep it may be but it has changed through the years for the better. Better pasages and better dippers,and it has proven itself to be efective. Even in mrsfan builds with the Briggs tip on its side some,as long as the dipper gets the oil. Biggest down fall is letting it get low on oil.
No matter what engine you use warmup time is the most inportant part,should get to operating temp before reving...............Curt

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Nobody is trying to run you off laza56. The people here are only trying to help.
Your info is simply not true and many people here know it from experience.
I've been working with/on stationary engines for decades and what you describe simply does not happen.
Your choice if you choose to get upset when presented with facts.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
No worries Laza. Is just discusion. And there'd be folks who agree with your thoughts on it.

Really like yer bike. Ayup about "dirt", that was funny.

laza56

Dec 14, 2014
none
Thanks Dan
It's a bit of fun , got 75miles on it now 'looking forward to it being run in so I can let I lose .cvlt1