I have ?'s

GoldenMotor.com

Leedo

Aug 21, 2013
tucson az
Hello Im buying a Macargi joas and wondering what kind of issues/ mods I will run into installing a motor on it? Can anyone help?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Your question is pretty vague. There are so many options for a powerplant that to give you specific answers we'll need to know what engine you plan to install. 2 stroke or 4? Chain or friction drive? In-frame or rack mount? Engine kit or a DYI project? See?

Do a little research and decide on an engine. Then we'll have something to work with.
In the mean time try using the search feature, type in your bike name and see what others have done.
Good luck.

Edit: I just looked at a link to your bike of choice. That will be an ambitious project for a first build. It will require special engine mounts whatever you decide to power it with. Those wheels will make rear sprocket installation a challenge. It can be done but it isn't simple.
You might want to consider a simpler project for your first bike unless you have welding and fabrication skills and the right tools and equipment for the task.

Again, good luck.

Tom

Last edited:

Leedo

Aug 21, 2013
tucson az
Im trying to mount a 66/80cc Mega Motors Black Bicycle Engine Kit- 2 Stroke on a 26" macargi jaos 3.0 Just wondering what mods I would have to do to put this motort on the bike