rpms' while idling

GoldenMotor.com

sboricic123

Apr 15, 2013
Bailieboro, Ontario
I've noticed that the rpm's sound like they increase when I disengage (holding it closed) the clutch. I tried adjusting the carb but that didn't seem to make a difference. Is there some other adjustment that needs to be done in case I burn out the clutch or is that normal with all 2 strokes?

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
yes, search here for clutch adjustment

what you describe is just a bit of drag when the lever is in the lock position & no drag when the lever is fully pulled in

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Sounds to me its possible you may have a small vacuum leak?
This was my first thought. A fast idle that can't be adjusted is a symptom of an air (vacuum) leak somewhere in the intake circuit. The most common places are the carburetor where it attaches to the intake manifold and the intake manifold gasket at the cylinder. There are other areas that can be the culprit but start simple and check the two areas mentioned first.
It would also help us to know what carburetor you have.

Tom

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
let's not forget the throttle cable, I have found that if you seat the cable
in the adjuster where it is just snug fine, but the more you extend out the
adjuster it can serve to pull the slide up not letting it seat right, bringing the slide up can increase the idle

sboricic123

Apr 15, 2013
Bailieboro, Ontario
Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll check all above in the morning to see if solves the problem. The just purchased the kit last week from Iponic Zone. They carry Zoombicycle engine kits. I'll have to see what type of carb it is.

T_Raw

Mar 26, 2013
Navarre, Florida
My bike wasn't getting very good pull at full throttle and I noticed some oil around the intake manifold so I took it off to check the gasket and put it back together. Now it won't run

T_Raw

Mar 26, 2013
Navarre, Florida
But from where though I have tightened the intake manifold. Made sure the CNS carb "snapped" into place & now it just won't run. It won't even run long enough for me to spray it with water and see if it is leaking

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
But from where though I have tightened the intake manifold. Made sure the CNS carb "snapped" into place & now it just won't run. It won't even run long enough for me to spray it with water and see if it is leaking
there are so many things it could be, have you tried loosening the gas cap
do you know fuel is getting to carb? what motor, carb you using
ah now I see you have a cns, I usually use nt's, they are very simple

gotta give us more info

T_Raw

Mar 26, 2013
Navarre, Florida
I've drained it every time I removed it & it's always been full of gas for me. But it did get pretty wet yesterday ill make sure the spark plug and stuff doesn't have any water in it. All I did was remove the carb the intake manifold and I took the head off. Put everything back on like it was before & no more bike. Lol

joehooker89

Apr 24, 2013
montana
tighten head bolts check head gaskets i have found out that cns carbs are junk go to the nt carb or the speedy carbs i just had the same problems and it worked also check crank seals and gas ratio 40 to1
dnut

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
If the bike got wet the magneto might be your problem. Remove the left side cover and have a look. We always suggest sealing the area where the wires exit the engine case and make sure the cover gasket is there and in good condition. Mags don't like water.

Have you confirmed you have ignition (spark)?

If you removed the carburetor did you get the throttle and choke cable back where they were before and adjusted correctly. The CNS carb uses a fuel enrichment circuit in place of the more common air choke that is cable operated. Is it working?

Tom

T_Raw

Mar 26, 2013
Navarre, Florida
well my spark plug was the reason it would not start, now it starts but idles very low and wont pull at all its a 66cc gt Skyhawk with a cns carb I have not had it that long